Save Old Bridge Tavern
- By: Gillian Visagie
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/old-bridge-tavern
My name is Gillian Visagie, 38, from Somerset West. I am raising funds for Old Bridge Restaurant and Bar
Old Bridge family and friends, we need your help! Who knew this was where we would be, who saw this coming?? Not you I'm sure, and definitely not me.
At Old Bridge Tavern we have poured our passion, our hearts, our blood, sweat and plenty tears, into making Old Bridge not just a pub or a restaurant, but a place where people can come together to celebrate, relax, enjoy, and to feel a part of a family. This includes patrons and staff. I'm sure you can all agree that in the past 2 years, we have truly succeeded in making Old Bridge a home away from home for all.
Today I, as business owner, put my pride in my pocket, and I cry out for your help. It is a very BIG reality that we may not survive this without the help of our family, friends, supporters, and community.
This not only affects us, but as you can imagine our staff as well. Being in an industry as such where one works for an hourly wage, and God willing some tips, my staff now have zero income.
We, as business owners, are doing all we can to assist them in applying for their UIF grants, but with zero income ourselves we are unable to assist in any other way. We have been given no relief with regards to property rental obligations, and believe me when I say that this is definitely going to cripple/destroy us.
I understand that we are ALL in the same position, and that my circumstance is no more important than yours. I ask only that family, friends, supporters, and our community can contribute/donate that which is within their means, and hopefully in doing so it will see us through this time.
Our hands are tied. We pray to keep our name held high, we pray that we will recover from this, and we pray that we as a community can stand together and know that we are not alone.
I thank all that have reached out to us to see if we are ok, and I thank all that are willing and able to help. God Bless You All!!
Also, while this fund is primarily to help save my business, and to be able to contribute to staff members, I am also mindful that there are others in need. As many of you know there is a cause for which I am very passionate, The Bright Lights Children's Foundation. We as a business will pay it forward and gift 5% of your donations to them to ensure that they too are covered and cared for in this time and beyond.
Funds will cover monthly property rent for April, May, and June @ R75000p/m
It will cover supplier invoices to get business to stock levels where we will be able to operate.
It will help in contributing to staff members needs.
And a % will go towards a charitable organisation which I support.
I thank you once again, from the bottom of my heart.
- Jul 10, 2020 - R 2 012.00
Hang in there guys!" - Tyndale-Biscoes
- Jun 09, 2020 - R 1 512.00
Gillian & Deon, thinking of you every day. The strong will survive & you are both resilient. This time will pass!" - Jo D
- May 20, 2020 - USD $ 54.85
- "Thinking of you guys. Stay strong" - Lo-Anne
- May 15, 2020 - R 525.00
- "Make sure the castle lite is cold" - John and Nicolette
- May 11, 2020 - USD $ 54.22
- "Good luck from an old pal " - Geoff M
- May 02, 2020 - R 1 050.00
- "Keeping you in our prayers....Good luck " - Marlin & Carina
- May 02, 2020 - R 525.00
- "Good luck with everything, hope people start donating funds big time!" - Grant Price
- Apr 23, 2020 - R 1 050.00
- "Hi gills,hope u guys reach the target and keep goin,keep strong,god is good" - bonita
- Apr 22, 2020 - R 525.00
- "Survivors find a way to get back up. Give it all you've got and come back swinging." - J
- Apr 22, 2020 - R 551.25
- "We will meet again soon keep positive" - David
- Apr 21, 2020 - R 1 050.00
- "This too shall pass.. Xxx" - [email protected]
- Apr 21, 2020 - R 1 012.00
All the best and thinking of you thru this difficult time" - Basil
- Apr 20, 2020 - R 525.00
- "Cannot wait for our first draft back at the Old Bridge" - Graham and Sarah
- Apr 19, 2020 - R 210.00
- "Hang in there, Gillian & Gideon!" - Hein
- Apr 18, 2020 - R 525.00
- "Good luck guys" - Pat
- Apr 18, 2020 - R 210.00
- "Hang in there guys!! " - Jade
- Apr 17, 2020 - R 200.00
We love and miss you! Lets keep OBT alive!" - Rebecca & Russ Handy
- Apr 17, 2020 - R 210.00
- "Looking forward to coming in for a drink when this is over." - Phil
- Apr 17, 2020 - USD $ 60.00
- "Good luck! " - Marlo
- Apr 16, 2020 - R 420.00
- "Stay strong, need a place to drink when this is all over" - Peter
- Apr 16, 2020 - USD $ 106.82
- "Hang in there guys" - Anonymous
- Apr 16, 2020 - R 500.00
- "I really respect you, takes the best of us to put it out there in those words. We thinking of u guys.You still my favorite flight agent " - Raquel & Roelf de Jager
- Apr 16, 2020 - R 262.50
- "From Karen Dorfling " - Karen Dorfling
- Apr 16, 2020 - R 500.00
- "Thinking of you guys" - Vanessa
- Apr 16, 2020 - R 525.00
- "Wishing you all the very best good luck" - Robert Connell
- Apr 16, 2020 - USD $ 26.71
- "Good luck guys, hang in there!" - Nikola Medjugorac
- Apr 16, 2020 - R 525.00
- "Old Bridge is a phenomenal place to work, eat, drink, make memories and is very close to my heart. Let's keep her doors open " - Alyssa
- Apr 16, 2020 - R 210.00
- "Miss everyone xxx" - Claire
- Apr 16, 2020 - R 52.50
- "It’s not much but it’s something ️" - Cammie