Olivia's stem cell therapy fundraising
- By: Miranda Oosthuizen
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/olivia-oosthuizen
Our daughter, Olivia, was formally diagnosed as being autistic in June 2018. It has not been an easy journey for us and it has been challenging on a physical, emotional and spiritual level. The diagnosis was new to us and we did not know what it entailed or how it will affect Olivia.
Olivia struggles to communicate and avoids eye contact. She struggles with sensory development and finds it difficult to go to a certain shop or to wear certain types of clothing. Every day is a learning experience for her and for us, but we love her endlessly!
Olivia is now 5 years old and cannot go to a mainstream school. She needs as much help as possible to help her develop and blossom into the beautiful butterfly she is.
We heard about the stem cell therapy when it was featured on Carte Blanche some time last year as well as various social media platforms nationally and internationally. We were amazed to hear the results and that it has proven to be hugely successful in the treatment of children with autism.
We contacted other parents whose children received the stem cell therapy and we were surprised and emotional to hear and witness the positive results the therapy has had on their children and their families. These families see it as a “breakthrough” for the special needs children in the world and we now see it as a chance at life for our Olivia.
We made contact with the Neurogen Centre in Mumbai, India regarding the stem cell therapy and they are very optimistic that the treatment will help her.
As such, we would like to take Olivia to India as soon as possible but need your help to make this dream a reality.
We believe the stem cell therapy will help Olivia to blossom and will give her a ‘head start’ in life. We also believe that it will help her cope with ‘normal society’ as we know it and hopefully, she will be able to go a ‘normal’ mainstream school one day.
Please help us to raise the necessary funds for the stem cell therapy for our little butterfly, Olivia.
We will forever be grateful!
The cost of the stem cell therapy alone is USD9900 (approximately R140 000).
With the cost of flights added to the stem cell therapy, the total estimated cost is R160 000.
We have raised funds on our own of about R80 000. We need another R80 000 more to reach our end goal.
*Funds will be paid into an account that the parents have opened for Olivia and will be used to make payment to Neurogen and for flights*
- May 24, 2019 - R 100.00
- "Good luck Olivia!" - Danielle
- Apr 27, 2019 - R 200.00
- "Sterkte Olivia. Vertrou in God. You can do it ????" - Fozie, Chantol en Christiaan
- Apr 27, 2019 - R 205.64
- "Sterkte vir julle en julle Engelkind." - Ryno Nothnagel
- Apr 26, 2019 - R 10 000.00
- "Sterkte Olivia, ons stap die paadjie saam met jou" - André en Yolanda
- Apr 17, 2019 - R 710.00
- "Nog ‘n knertsie van die Hattingh’s. Ons bid julle alle sterkte en voorspoed toe vir julle engelkind. " - Christi Hattingh
- Apr 16, 2019 - USD $ 22.45
- "Sterkte vir julle as ouers.’n Mens se kinders is jou hart. Ons vertrou God sal sorg. Christi en Karen Hattingh " - Christi en Karen Hattingh
- Apr 16, 2019 - R 205.64
- "My niggie, ek wens julle alle voorspoed toe met julle pragtige, spesiale liefiekind. " - Chantal Versfeld
- Apr 04, 2019 - R 150.00
- "Always thinking about you Angel ?? Love, Prosperous. " - Prosperous
- Apr 02, 2019 - R 1 500.00
- "Good luck Olivia" - Gerald Carmody
- Apr 02, 2019 - R 205.64
- "Sending hugs to Olivia xx" - Wendy James
- Mar 29, 2019 - USD $ 14.40
- "Wishing you the best " - CATHY O'BYRNE
- Mar 29, 2019 - R 507.50
- "My very special grandaughter." - Grannie Lettie
- Mar 29, 2019 - USD $ 68.31
- "Lettie, for your beautiful Olivia. I have a grandaughter as well and can only imagine how sad this is for you all. Big hugs ??" - Wendy McArthur
- Mar 28, 2019 - R 210.00
- "Love u Olivia" - Bokkie, quintan en Dillan
- Mar 28, 2019 - R 210.00
- "Every child deserves the best care - bless your daughter " - Anonymous
- Mar 27, 2019 - R 507.50
- "Praying all goes well and that the treatment is a huge success.... You are a very special little butterfly. Love you Olivia" - Rene, JT en Kids
- Mar 27, 2019 - R 1 028.20
- "We love u Olivia" - ABC Towing
- Mar 27, 2019 - R 100.00
- "All the best with the treatment. It is all in Gods hands. Praying for you Olivia and your family. God bless" - Michelle Dewing
- Mar 27, 2019 - R 5 010.00
- "Olivia " - Nigel and Jules Grobler
- Mar 27, 2019 - R 102.82
- "Hope Olivia gets well soon! I have sent your message to 158 BSi Steel staff members so let hope for a positive outcome!" - Theo Reddy
- Mar 26, 2019 - R 102.82
- "It's not much but I'm sure every bit help. All the best x Alisha Meyer" - Alisha Meyer
- Mar 26, 2019 - USD $ 6.98
- "All the best Olivia ????" - Rika Reddy
- Mar 26, 2019 - R 50.00
- "Hope Olivia gets well very soon. " - Nathi
- Mar 26, 2019 - R 100.00
- "Praying for Olivia!" - Tasha Stumke
- Mar 25, 2019 - USD $ 72.45
- "Hi, I am Edwin’s brother and father to Theo who is also on the spectrum. From the bottom of my heart, i wish you all the best. You are in our prayers." - Wanjohi Maitho
- Mar 25, 2019 - R 1 028.20
- "Hi Miranda. I hope the treatment goes well. My nephew is also autist and we are keen to know how the treatment goes. God bless your family." - Edwin Maitho
- Mar 25, 2019 - R 514.10
- "Best of luck to Olivia. I am sure that this treatment will have a positive outcome." - Candy Naidoo