Olivia's Ironman for the Smile Foundation
- By: Olivia Timm
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/olivias-ironman-for-the-smile-foundation
Just around the corner till I take on my first full distance Ironman (South Africa) on the 6th April 2014 - a mind blowing challenge to say the least !!!
It's a 3,8km sea swim, a 180km bike ride (which has added in a new route of some serious hill climbs) and then a 42km marathon and all to be done within the 17 hour cut off time, yes all in one day!
It has been an incredibly tough journey to get here, from learning all the ins and outs of Triathlon to a knee injury on the bike, for someone who has never seen myself as any form of athlete, let alone triathlete and with doubts if I should even try to attempt this, I am still going for the finish line !!!!
I'm honoured to be part of the The Smile Foundation Ironman Team. And we have a joint goal - to raise funds for this incredible organisation. To change the lives of children with facial conditions and to help them realise their dreams through much needed free facial reconstructive surgery.
Please help us in some way, by means of a donation, change a child's life.
I would like to thank my family and friends especially my husband for all the support and believing in me when I have doubted myself, you have all been amazing – your support has kept me going. And thank you for your donation to The Smile Foundation.
You can track my progress on the 6th April 2014 via: www.ironmanlive.com<http://www.ironmanlive.com>
Here’s to IRONMAN SOUTH AFRICA 2014 !!!
- Apr 03, 2014 - R 200.00
- "Best of luck to you " - Piet & Sue Steyn
- Apr 01, 2014 - R 200.00
- "Go Livie Go!!! We are so proud of you!!! Helena, Matt, Joel & Ella xxxx" - Helena Cullis
- Mar 27, 2014 - R 150.00
- "Smile Foundation Cap Donation" - Olivia
- Mar 27, 2014 - R 50.00
- "Best Of Luck" - Ross
- Mar 25, 2014 - R 500.00
- "Good Luck Olivia" - Elysium Logistics
- Mar 24, 2014 - R 50.00
- "Well done - efforts will be rewarded!" - ronel muller
- Mar 19, 2014 - R 200.00
- "Anything to bring a smile to little faces." - Micell Brown
- Mar 17, 2014 - R 200.00
- "Super impressed Olivia and for such a great cause! All the best!!" - Cledia Smith
- Mar 16, 2014 - R 200.00
- "So proud of you Livvy! X" - Heather toms Crompton
- Mar 10, 2014 - R 200.00
- "Its an honour to support such a worthy cause." - The Humewood Pro Shop
- Mar 07, 2014 - R 500.00
- "Good luck!" - Lyle & Storme Ferreira
- Mar 06, 2014 - R 100.00
- "So proud of you Olivia - you're doing this for the kids! " - Tanya Jackson
Smile Foundation is a non-profit organization that brings people together for the purpose of providing expert surgical intervention, creating greater social involvement and enabling sensible corporate social investment – to make a difference in the lives of children with facial anomalies.
We offer holistic care to transform the lives of these children who are threatened with rejection by society.
The Smile Foundation is about meaningfully connecting people to bring about new opportunities, new futures, with the result being – new lives.
To set up your own fundraising page for The Smile Foundation click here