Children Need Both Parents 1000 Km Walk
- By: Candice-Leigh Rosenberg
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/orrock-robertsen
Orrock Robertsen, with the support of a myriad of fathers from across the South African geography, seeking to share in the parenting of their children equally; intends to complete a 1000 km walk from Johannesburg to the Nqamakwe, Eastern Cape. Primarily aimed at generating awareness of what has become a global pandemic, the undertaking seeks to raise funds for a "Constitutional Court Class Action” in respect to parental alienation, specifically that of fathers; and the amendment of the children’s act in South Africa criminalizing parental alienation.
The Children Need Both Parents platform was initially born from one mans personal experience. Orrock Robersten, has in one way or another been alienated from his child for a period of almost two years now. The platform was created for alienated fathers like Orrock to engage, offer and receive support. The fielding of countless calls from fathers late at night, plagued by suicidal states of mind, prompted by sheer desperation; was testament to the necessity for an initiative of this nature. This undertaking has since become Orrock's full-time commission; assisting alienated fathers and prioritizing the interests of our children.
The Children Need Both Parents 1000 Km Walk, will commence on 25th April and will reach completion on approximately 10 June (external factors depending). That said, fund raising for the Class Action will be ongoing as per the requirements of the lengthily legal process involved.
Absolutely none of the funds raised will be utilized by Orrock in his personal capacity. Donations received will all go toward the concourt process. Full transparency in this regard is unreservedly be guaranteed.
Your benefaction to Orrock's plight through monetary donation is humbly requested as he seeks to effect positive change across the lives of children throughout our country and in so doing empower parents on a global scale to put our children first.
- Oct 13, 2019 - R 257.05
- "God Bless" - A Father
- May 31, 2019 - R 205.64
- "Orrock, you are an inspiration to us all, giving us hope that we can win this battle!" - Christian
- May 13, 2019 - R 308.46
- "a little bit towards your cause Orrock ...stay strong and keep going . Very noble what you doing and this is opening a very necessary door . Good luck" - patricia and adrian
- May 07, 2019 - R 507.50
- "Wish I could donate more. 50/50 should be made standard immediately at seperation of parents, no matter what ANYONE says. God is your only judge" - PapaG
- Apr 29, 2019 - R 500.00
- "Good luck Orrock with this journey and thank you for being such an inspirational person fighting not only for yourself but for everyone affected by this. " - Johan Theron