Patricia's Cycle Tour for Mamelani Projects 2017
- By: Patricia Southwood
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/patricias-cycle-tour-for-mamelani-projects
I will be participating in the Cape Town Cycle Tour in honour of an organisation called Mamelani Projects. Aside from the personal challenge of riding the Cape Town Cycle Tour, I will be joining 30 other riders in an effort to raise awareness and funds for Mamelani Projects, an organisation that is committed to walking alongside people in their development.
Mamelani Projects has 2 flagship programmes – one that contributes to community health and wellbeing and another that supports youth in transition. Their Youth Development Programme supports young people who have grown up in state care (Child and Youth Care Centres and former Children’s homes) who, when they turn 18, need to move on from these institutions. Mamelani’s Programme ensures that these young people do not fall through the gaps at this critical time and ensures that they are emotionally and practically prepared for the next chapter of their lives.
The R2000 that is raised ensures that Mamelani is able to offer learning opportunities to these young people in ways that truly enable them to have the confidence to take the next steps towards reaching their own personal goals and the resilience to deal with the challenges that they are faced with. The support we provide focuses on resilience building activities, support for further education, the opportunity to start a paid internship and ultimately prepare for the world of work.
Please help me reach my goal of raising R2000 to create these kinds of opportunities for the young people that Mamelani works with.
- Mar 11, 2017 - R 600.00
- "Dear Trish - proud to give to such a great cause and to someone who keeps on giving. Enjoy it!!" - Shelley Segal
- Mar 11, 2017 - R 200.00
- "Good luck! I'm so impressed that you have gone from zero to cycle such a big race!" - Margy
- Feb 20, 2017 - R 200.00
- "Super proud of you for doing this! I'm behind you all the way x" - Wilma Stassen
- Feb 09, 2017 - R 200.00
- "Great cause Trish! Very proud of you." - Lynette
- Feb 08, 2017 - R 350.00
- "Fantastic Trish. This looks like a great cause!" - Hilary Ambrose
- Feb 07, 2017 - R 100.00
- "accolades to all who put time and energy into the project!" - Gilly Southwood
- Feb 07, 2017 - USD $ 37.23
- "Good luck Stooks - you are amazing!! " - Kristen Burdett
- Feb 07, 2017 - R 300.00
- "Trish, this is great!" - Elise Levendal
- Feb 06, 2017 - R 200.00
- "Great idea Trishy...all the best with your training and race" - Su / Crowsen Creations
- Feb 05, 2017 - R 250.00
- "Sounds like an excellent cause to be cycling for Trish, good luck!" - Beth Richardson
- Feb 04, 2017 - R 300.00
- "Go Trishie Go !! Proud of you:)" - Sue McCready
- Feb 04, 2017 - R 200.00
- "I am fully supportive of the Mamelani Projects and the highly important role it plays in the lives of those who would never have had the opportunities to make the most of their lives otherwise. " - Jennifer Southwood
Mamelani works with people to increase their sense of agency and ability to improve their own lives. We work with young people coming out of state care through our Youth Development Programme and with women through our Health Education Programme.
To set up your own fundraising page for Mamelani Projects click here