Peter Moripe's Heart Transplant
- By: Asaph Chuene
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/peter-moripe
__Update___It is with great sadness that we have to report that we have lost Peter Moripe. We would really appreciate if the money raised through his campaign can be sent to his wife to deal with the funeral costs incurred during his burial.
My name is Asaph Chuene, 34 and I live in Pretoria.
I am applying on behalf of the beneficiary who is currently hospitalised. We have worked together in a community project called Establishment for Political Redress.We have been trying to get a breakdown of the cost for the transplant but no luck yet because Peter is hospitalised at Steve Biko where they don't conduct the procedure. We contacted Milpark Hospital where it is done to get a breakdown but there are also telling us that he needs to be assessed 1st by their doctor...the patient doesn't have money for transfer to Milpark to be seen by the specialist. However, we spoke to Gail Perks at Milpark who assured us that the procedure will not cost less than R2.5 Million and medication for the 1st year will be around R1 million rands. The patient, Peter Moripe, is getting worse and ICU as we speak.
From Peter Moripe:
I'm a 58 yearr old male with a history of dilated cardiomyopathy, with RV lead into, CRTD was inserted in Pretoria Heart Hospital in 2006, with a box change in 2011. Again another box change in 2016 at Steve Biko Hospital.
One of the leads of CRTD is not catching, and it was decided that I am not for re-insertion but optimisation of medical therapy known with CKD and hyperuricemia.
Inappropriate shocks occur due to the broken lead of the CRTD. Doctors decided that what can best suit me is cardiac transplant. It will cost R3 000 000. I have very little time to live. All funds raised will be used on the surgery cost. Please donate the little you have, any amount can save my life.
I will be forever grateful to the contributors/donors.
Please follow Peter's progress here.
*Funds raised will be transferred directly to the relevant medical practitioner/organisation.*
- Oct 17, 2019 - R 205.64
- "God bless!" - Di
- Oct 16, 2019 - R 101.50
- "Please get well soon. Your community needs you and so does the rest of SA #ImStaying" - Sibon
- Oct 16, 2019 - R 110.00
- "God bless you!!!" - ImStaying
- Oct 15, 2019 - R 210.00
- "Get well soon." - Mamphela
- Oct 14, 2019 - R 514.10
- "Get well Pedoski. Soldier on, ntate" - Mhloko Hloko
- Oct 14, 2019 - R 210.00
- "I pray that you receive your heart transplant." - Georgi Mc Guire
- Oct 13, 2019 - R 203.00
- "All the best Bhuti." - Ba-right Brownielove
- Oct 12, 2019 - R 102.82
- "All the best " - Anonymous
- Oct 12, 2019 - R 308.50
- "Get well soon " - Phindi Kebengeshe
- Oct 11, 2019 - R 102.82
- "Everything of the best! #Imstaying" - Jacqui
- Oct 11, 2019 - USD $ 7.01
- "Get well soon #imstaying" - Anonymous
- Oct 11, 2019 - R 203.00
- "Best of luck. Angela #i’m staying " - Angela wild
- Oct 11, 2019 - R 205.64
- "Will love and good wishes" - Moyra Woodward
- Oct 11, 2019 - R 510.00
- "Psalm 34:19" - Lebo
- Oct 09, 2019 - R 110.00
- "Be well Sir " - Linky Marobe
- Oct 09, 2019 - R 210.00
- "Prayers and thoughts are with you abuti. Hang on there, help will reach you soon. " - Kedilatile
- Oct 08, 2019 - R 1 010.00
- "All the very best. Your children deserve to have a father to watch them grow up." - G
- Oct 08, 2019 - R 110.00
- "Best of luck my friend. #Imstaying" - Ingrid
- Oct 08, 2019 - R 253.75
- "Modimo a be le wena sebata" - Lesetja Mmakola
- Oct 08, 2019 - R 205.64
- "We hold you in our hearts Ntate Moripe" - MM
- Oct 07, 2019 - R 101.50
- "Baba, hope you be well there " - Mxolisi
- Oct 07, 2019 - R 1 000.00
- "Love, light, hope and resilience" - Mmatshilo
- Sep 09, 2019 - R 205.64
- "As I was browsing through my time-line I came across this call for help. I'll throw in whatever I have, I know it's not much but it'll be better next time. God bless you sir. " - Bantubonke
- Sep 09, 2019 - R 1 000.00
- "Re phelele weru!" - Thibelo
- Sep 09, 2019 - R 1 000.00
- "I wish you well Peter. You deserve only the best" - Margaret
- Sep 09, 2019 - R 510.00
- "It is my beginning, more will come" - Success Moripa
Peter Moripe Medical Cause
I'm a 58 yr old male with a history of dilated cardiomyopathy, with RV lead into, CRTD was inserted in Pretoria Heart Hospital in 2006, with a box change in 2011. Doctors decided that what can best suit me is cardiac transplant. It will cost R3 000 000. Please donate the little you have, any amount can save my life.