Please Help Fund Candice (a future Doctor) through Medical School
- By: Candice Ford
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/please-help-fund-candice-through-medical-s
My name is Candice Ford. I am currently studying towards a MBBCh degree at the University of Witwatersrand, Medical School.
I am a hardworking, self-motivated and dedicated student. I aim to graduate and possibly pursue a specialisation in either internal medicine or paediatrics, but only time will tell as my specialisation goals may change as I gain more insight and new knowledge about other medical disciplines.
I have always had a desire to study medicine. I have been persistent, diligent and persevered in chasing my dream. I was overjoyed when I was informed that I was accepted to study medicine which has been a lifelong dream. I have been fortunate to be blessed with the opportunity to study medicine and gladly accepted it.
This year has been challenging being a "mature" student with adult expenses and responsibilities but I have enjoyed every minute of it - the good, happy and stressful times which has helped me grow as a person.
As a mature student, it has proved to be a challenge to obtain any financial assistance towards my university fees. I have contacted numerous companies, organisations, foundations, radio stations and bursars thus far as well as requested assistance from the university financial aid office, but thus far have been unable to obtain any assistance because they only award funding to students in first-year.
I recently completed my final end-of-year exams and I have been told by fees office that my university fees are overdue- if I do not pay my university fees by end of December 2017, I will not be allowed to register for the new academic year in 2018 and they will add-on interest to the outstanding amount. I will also need to pay a registration fee of R9500 to register for the 2018 academic year.
I have contacted many bursars and organisations to appeal for bursaries or financial assistance for the current academic year (R56000 excluding the additional interest that will be charged for the current outstanding amount), R9500 for registration fee for 2018 and for the tuition fee for the subsequent/remaining three years of medical school (fee amount still to be determined) only to be told that they cannot help me. This has been weighing heavy on my shoulders and my heart, and it has been distracting me from my studies.
I really need financial assistance for this year and for subsequent/remaining three years- i am appealingto anyone and everyone that is able to assist me in anyway possible.
I will appreciate any help! Please can you help me with a donation of any amount.
Please let me know if there are any organisations, organisations or companies that are able to assist me.
Alternatively please share my crowdfunding campaign on your facebook page, via whatsapp or via email or any other social media/platform- maybe one of your friends, family, colleagues or contacts will be able to help me.
A little goes a long way.
*Update: With hardwork, determination and tons of prayer, I have successfully completed third year. And with your help, I will hopefully be afforded the opportunity to proceed to fourth year in 2018.*
Thank you to all that have made a donation towards my campaign, thus far. I am extremely grateful for each and every one of you.
Merry Christmas to you and your family. May you have a wonderful festive season and a fantastic new year.
Thank you for your time.
- Dec 27, 2017 - R 500.00
- "Wishing you all the success" - Karen Bowman
- Dec 22, 2017 - R 205.64
- "Best of luck with your year ahead. Remember to pay it forward when you're qualified one day! Onwards & upwards!" - Gaby
- Dec 22, 2017 - R 1 028.20
- "Good luck" - Trevor rose
- Dec 13, 2017 - R 4 112.80
- "Be strong as have faith Candice, you will get there! " - Marian
- Nov 21, 2017 - R 5 000.00
- "Hope this small donation will inspire you to help others once you have fulfilled your dreams to become a doctor!" - ANONYMOUS
- Nov 20, 2017 - R 510.00
- "Where there is a will there is a way" - Jonker
- Nov 15, 2017 - R 210.00
- "From the Tooheys @ Howick" - Ant Toohey
- Nov 15, 2017 - R 1 010.00
- "Good luck and stay strong!" - Kim Taylor
- Nov 13, 2017 - R 514.10
- "Hi Candice, we haven’t met, but I know that Tarryn is very proud to have you as her sister. I wish you all the best in this journey." - Candice Speckman
- Nov 13, 2017 - R 102.82
- "My dear friend, we continue to trust and ask God to be your provision. Look to Him and know that all will be well. " - Joy
Fund Candice through Medical School
I am currently a third year medical student studying towards a MBBCh degree at the University of Witwatersrand, Medical School. As a mature student, it has proved to be a challenge to obtain any financial assistance. My university fees for 2017 are overdue. I really need financial assistance for this year and for subsequent years.