Donate R200 to plant a 'forest food' tree in the Garden Route
- By: Dr Jon Morley
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/precious-tree
- Date Created: 10 April 2020
R 32 300
R 60 000
Hi, I'm Dr Jon Morley and to celebrate 50 years of my life on Mother Earth’, I'm raising funds for Precious Tree NPO to plant 5000 trees.
THE ‘TREE-CYCLING’ PROJECT
- 50 years
- 500 km
- 5000 'indigenous forest food' trees
The Tree-Cycling Project involves a series of cycling events between May 2020 and May 2021 and this “Tour de Burn’, will begin shortly after the lockdown.
Funds will be used to:
- Plant indigenous 'forest food trees' that can be used by local communities for a range of direct medicinal and health benefits, and will also nourish animal and bird life in the area.
The natural regenerative growth of the existing forests that have been affected by continued growth and development and climate changes disasters (droughts/fires) and,
There is a growing need to spread valuable information about the re-integration of humans back into nature, natural cycles and natural medicines.
Planting out indigenous forest and food trees, local medicinal plants and shrubs (as found on our forest floors) and seasonal food gardens are all essential to our overall health and wellbeing.
Now, more than ever, we need to renew our respect for Mother Nature and gift her trees by the gazillion, to help restore the lungs of Gaia and in so doing raise the concentration of phytoncides in the atmosphere which assist in raising our own levels of immunity.
It costs R200 to grow and plant out a single precious tree,
Absolutely any donation is most welcome. Thank you.
THANK YOU TO COYNE HEALTHCARE for their donation of R10,000!
*Funds raised will be transferred directly to the Precious Tree NPO.*
- Jun 18, 2020 - R 1 000.00 Fees covered
- "Congratulation Jon on your 50th! What a beautiful way to celebrate your life! With love Barbara & Jerry" - Barbara & JerryGeorge
- May 02, 2020 - R 200.00 Fees covered
- "Tree-mendous initiative - go Dr Jon!" - Allderman family
Precious Tree Project
Our mission is to plant a million indigenous and endemic forest trees in the Garden Route and to use this as a vehicle to assist the regeneration of the natural forests/forest areas, create employment for and assist the upliftment of the local community members living around the breadline, create a haven for our wildlife and restore biodiversity to the regions and to promote the local economic development of the GR region as a whole