Protect The Nurses - COVID-19 ICU Scrubs Project
- By: Toni Rothbart
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/protect-the-nurses-covid-19-icu-scrubs-p
- Date Created: 23 March 2021
R 1 800
R 10 000
From the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic, we discovered that nurses were no longer able to wear their traditional nurses uniforms, and now need to wear hospital scrubs that can be washed daily.
These have to be bought and paid for by themselves.
Conventional scrubs are designed for male doctors - they look like overalls, don’t fit well, and are not practical for nurses.
So we put our heads and expertise into it to find a solution:
make-good scrubs offer a few changes to the conventional scrubs:
- a more African aesthetic, &
- redesign and tailor to accommodate nurse-specific requirements, as scrubs are designed solely for doctors (like a cross between a uniform and a scrub)
- something that doesn’t look and feel like an overall, but instead, make the nurses feel dignified and comfortable.
- this initiative also helps to support the local manufacturing industry as opposed to importing scrubs from abroad
This is a continuation and ongoing fundraising initiative that began last year - our origin project – the fundraising campaign that started us thinking about how we could make-good – and so our NPC was born built around identifying societal needs and through the skills, support, and know-how of artisans and makers, we use design thinking to develop and create innovative solutions to make people’s lives better whilst simultaneously supporting small South African businesses in the creative sector.
Please help us raise funds to provide each nurse in government health facilities (hospitals and PHC facilities) with 2 sets of scrubs each.
From as little as R350 an Afrocentric and practical set of scrubs, manufactured by South Africans for South Africans can be sponsored. But anything you can contribute will go toward us collectively showing the nurses the appreciation they deserve.
- Apr 16, 2021 - R 1 800.00 Fees covered
- "great initiative - make good!" - JRo and fam
Make Good Collab SA NPC
make-good is a nonprofit company built around identifying societal needs and through the skills, support, and know-how of artisans and makers, we use design thinking to develop and create innovative solutions to make people’s lives better whilst simultaneously supporting small South African businesses in the creative sector.
NPO number : 262-748
Contact as at [email protected] if you would like to collaborate or find out more.