Race to Raise
- By: Lindsay Brasecke
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/race-to-raise
Virtual half marathon to raise funds for charity "Ladles of love". In the current climate, many underprivileged or lower-income people will be immeasurably affected. Let's donate and do our bit.
Great for the world, good for your soul and body!
- Jul 01, 2020 - USD $ 28.80
- "Better late than never, hope it was a good run! " - Lindie
- May 12, 2020 - USD $ 64.32
- "Proud of you Lins!!! " - Team Cilliers
- May 11, 2020 - R 750.00
- "Hope you get to run this race with a big smile in 2021!" - Cornel
- Apr 27, 2020 - USD $ 50.00
- "Good luck with your run! We’ll be cheering you on :)" - Plank Family
Ladles of Love Foundation
In seven short years, Ladles of Love has gone from feeding 70 meals at our very first soup kitchen to providing over 300,000 meals every single week. We started with one small soup kitchen serving soup to the homeless once a week on St. Georges Mall, and we grew to serve thousands from our HQ kitchen at The Hope Exchange in Roeland Street.
Then the Corona Virus pandemic hit, escalating the number of starving people in need across the country - we expanded rapidly in order to meet this rising need for food.
Since lockdown in March 2020 to date Ladles of Love with the help of their community beneficiary kitchens spread across the Western Cape & NOW recently launched in Gauteng has served just over 29 million meals to the people in need (figures as of 17 July 2022).
When you fundraise for Ladles of Love (or sponsor one of our team), you are directly funding our work and helping to feed as many people in need as possible. Thank you.