Rea Thusana Safe House
- By: Phinius Sebatsane
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/rea-thusana-safe-house
So, I and my wife, Katlyn are full-time missionaries serving the homeless people in Muizenberg, South Africa. During the Covid19 lockdown in SA, we managed to help seven women to get out of homelessness. Five of which have been reunited with their families. They are working and in rehab. We also assisted 3 men to get off the street. They are in a rehab program as well, with one of our partners.
After the lockdown things went back to normal, but we didn't want to go back to normal. This pandemic has left many people unemployed and vulnerable to homelessness, especially women. We want to be there to help them recover. So we have been praying and looking for a house of restoration for homeless women who are in rehab, and the Lord has led us to an amazing house in Lakeside to rent and eventually buy.
It's a 5 bedroom house with a granny flat situated in a safe, peaceful and community environment. The house is R10k per month to rent out and R3.2 million to buy. The house was built and owned by a generous man and in honour of him, his family chose us because of what we stand for; “Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed.” - Isaiah 1:17
This house will be used to:
- Disciple and rehabilitated homeless women who are addicted to drugs, who are abused, trafficked, and want to get out of prostitution. It's going to be a home of healing and releasing women who fully know their worth, their identity, and purpose.
- A place where women are given different skills and knowledge to find jobs and affordable housing.
- It's going to be a community house where prodigal daughters can run for refuge.
But hey, all of the above sounds great but can't materialize without God and your involvement. So please consider sowing a seed of hope and partnering with us to restore the lives of homeless women. We have from today until the end of November 2021 to raise R100 000 ($6500) to start renting a house for few years but we hoping to rent to buy a place as soon as we have all the finances.
This is a huge step of faith for us, but it all looks impossible until it's done. Pray for us to continue to believe and serve the marginalised of society.
Thank you so much for your generosity, it means the world to us.
God bless you!
Phinius and Katlyn Sebatsane (Missionaries)
Founders, Rea Thusana Foundation
- Sep 15, 2021 - USD $ 141.39
- "Continue doing that amazing work!" - Anonymous
- Aug 27, 2021 - USD $ 150.00
- "Blessings!" - Byrd's
- Jul 30, 2021 - USD $ 150.00
- "blessings!" - Byrds
- Jul 15, 2021 - USD $ 345.03
- "Glad to be able to support the work you do" - Lizalet
- Jun 30, 2021 - R 100.00
- "Thank you for inspiring me" - Anonymous
- Jun 27, 2021 - USD $ 70.66
- "Advancing the Kingdom " - Daleen
- Jun 25, 2021 - USD $ 150.00
- "Blessings!" - Jeff Byrd
- May 28, 2021 - USD $ 201.11
- "blessings!" - Byrd's
- Apr 30, 2021 - USD $ 150.00
- "blessings!" - Jeff Byrd
- Apr 15, 2021 - USD $ 200.00
- "God bless Phinius & Katlyn as they work to support Rea Thusana Safe House! " - Michael & Tammy OKelley
- Mar 26, 2021 - USD $ 150.00
- "blessings!" - Jeff Byrd
- Feb 27, 2021 - USD $ 150.00
- "Praying for you guys!" - Jeff Byrd
- Feb 12, 2021 - USD $ 68.42
- "<3" - Nikki
- Jan 18, 2021 - USD $ 179.67
- "We are standing in faith with you for this awesome home! Thank you for having outrageous faith and walking in it. God bless you all" - Chenoa Murray, LLC and our Zumba Class!
- Jan 12, 2021 - R 2 000.00
May God continue to give you strength." - Sue Gie
- Jan 03, 2021 - USD $ 171.79
- "Standing with you in your God given vision for these ladies that deserves to be loved and know the love of Jesus. God's provision and love over your organization." - Anonymous
- Dec 16, 2020 - R 5 000.00
- "Have faith " - Angel
- Dec 14, 2020 - USD $ 132.22
- "All the best with the project, may the funds come quickly." - Gil Marsden
- Dec 05, 2020 - R 500.00
- "May God use my seed to multiply according to your need. " - Brenda
- Dec 01, 2020 - USD $ 99.59
- "Thank you for the ministry you guys are doing! The Lord is using you in amazing ways to eternally impact these precious people!" - Sarah and Taylor
- Dec 01, 2020 - USD $ 325.10
- "Wishing you both every success in your work to help these ladies rebuild their lives" - Hazel Tiffany
- Dec 01, 2020 - R 5 000.00
- "May the Lord multiply the seed" - Phinius and Katlyn
Rea Thusana Foundation
Rea Thusana Foundation was birthed during the Covid19 lockdown in SA to serve homeless people in Muizenberg, Cape Town.
Our goal is to co-labor with kingdom-minded churches, NGOs, businesses, or individuals who want to;
- DISCIPLE; because we realized that homelessness is more than a physical thing, it's a spiritual thing rooted in the orphan spirit. It has a lot to do with a lack of identity, purpose, and belonging, and ONLY God can restore that in people, not us (we just vessels).
- REHABILITATE; because most of our friends on the street struggle with mental illnesses and drug addiction.
- TRAIN & EMPLOY; because we believe in giving our friends a hand up, not handouts.
- Provide HOUSING & COMMUNITY; because we believe community and connection is key to ending homelessness and breaking addiction, not just housing.
- And lastly, RECONCILE our friends with their families; because we believe you can't heal in isolation.