Retreat 2 Eden - Building a multi-purpose structure/Barn
- By: Jade Pauls
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/retreat-2-eden
Personal messageAn unusual rescue centre, Retreat 2 Eden was founded on a sprawling 43ha farm in the Southwell area of Port Alfred in 2013. Our aim is not only taking in the usual waifs, strays and cruelty cases, but also to honour dogs who dedicated the majority of their lives to the service of mankind. We run a unique K9 Hero program which you can read more about here: https://www.retreat2eden.org/k9-heroes
Current infrastructure allows to 20 dogs. Retreat 2 Eden has between 40 to 50 dogs at any given time. Because of the infrastructyre limitations, things take much longer than they should. Having facilities would make a huge difference for all the supplemental things indirectly pertaining to caring for the rescues. There's also infrastructure needed to keep the rescues safe from the elements. The limited infrastucture we have (which is currently a wrap around veranda around the main house) is totally overcrowded with rescues and this can cause some conflict amongst the dogs.Much more help is needed to achieve the overall ambitions for the farm, with plans including a clinic, volunteer village, workshop and future security plans. However we have decided to dedicate this year to equipping the sanctuary with a barn to provide much needed shelter, quarantine space for animals who require it and storage facilities.
All donations made to this page will go directly towards the building of the barn.
If you'd like to read more about us our website is below:
We'd like to take this oppotunity to thank you for considering us as an organization worth donating to. We are passionate about our cause and bettering the lives of all animals in our community and our K9 Heroes who are surrendered from many parts of the country.
- May 05, 2020 - R 210.00
- "Fantastic work done" - Anonymous
- Apr 30, 2020 - R 210.00
- "Hoping that with everyones’ help you can soon achieve your dream! Thank you for all you do to help animals! " - Judy
- Apr 28, 2020 - R 210.00
- "Love the work you are doing! " - Jarryd Pauls
- Apr 28, 2020 - R 210.00
- "God bless and keep up the great work that you do! " - Amber Tweedie
- Apr 28, 2020 - R 200.00
- "Thankyou for the wonderful work you do. " - Ruth Gipson
- Apr 27, 2020 - R 105.00
- "A wonderful and worthy organisation!" - Anonymous
- Apr 27, 2020 - R 315.00
- "This is a very special cause " - Amy
- Apr 26, 2020 - R 200.00
- "To a great cause! Thank you for the work you do to help animals in need." - Anonymous
eMthunzini Trust is a registered Non-Profit and non-governmental organization under which Retreat 2 Eden operates. Based in Southwell rural area of Port Alfred in the Eastern Cape, Retreat 2 Eden is a 43 acre pro-life farm.
The K9 Hero project was established in honour of all the dogs that have given their lives in service of mankind - the unsung heroes of society.
The K9 Hero Project offers the following in terms of a Bridging Programme:
1. Upon arrival at Retreat2Eden, the K9 heroes are placed in a farmyard - a natural environment with grass, shrubs/trees, earth, shade, shelter, and a space to run whereafter they will be placed with canine friends according to their individual personalities.
2. The K9 Heroes are assessed in terms of their personality, emotion and physical well-being and the ability to fit into a normal family environment.
3. Retreat 2 Eden's Bridging Program e seeks to assist the K9 Hero to adjust to a normal family environment - this includes socialization and emotional assistance while living within a family unit of humans and dogs.
4. As far as possible, socializing the K9 Heroes with other types of animals to enable them to be adopted by families on farms.
5. Screening potential homes and matching them with the correct K9 Hero - a good match is a must for both humans and K9 Heroes.
6. Assisting the adoptive home in making sure that the integration of the K9 Hero into the home goes smoothly.
Retreat 2 Eden needs financial help with fencing, storage, equipment and kennels. Please help!