Richard Shannon - Tusker Corridor Warrior
- By: Richard Shannon
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/richard-tcw
In July 2021, I will be attempting to run the twenty day, 370km hiking trail from Addo Elephant National Park to the Diepwalle Forest in Knysna in under four and a half days.
This will involve crossing seven mountain ranges, numerous river crossing and passing through five different biological communities.
I am doing this to raise awareness and funds for the Eden to Addo Corridor Initiative.
The Eden to Addo vision is to link three mega-reserves, the Garden Route National Park, The Baviaanskloof World Heritage Site and the Addo Elephant National Park by means of natural corridors to protect and restore the integrity of bio-diversity and eco-system functioning.
Your support as I take on this massive challenge will be very much appreciated!
---------- About The Tusker ----------
The Tusker is a 230 mile, non-stop, self-navigated, semi-supported expedition ultra trail run through the Eden To Addo Wildlife Corridor.
Visit https://tusker.run for more information
- Jun 09, 2021 - USD $ 73.67
- "I wish you all the best little brother. Lots of love, Kiks" - Christine Merrell
- Jun 07, 2021 - USD $ 74.49
- "Go have fun..." - Dan
- Feb 04, 2020 - USD $ 50.00
- "Good luck little brother. xx" - Kiki
- Jan 01, 2020 - USD $ 71.20
- "You are very special raising money for this cause. xxx" - Christine
- Dec 20, 2019 - USD $ 50.00
- "Give it horns (or tusks) Richard" - Geoff Walsh
Eden to Addo Corridor Initiative
THE DREAM: The Eden to Addo vision is based on the practical potential within the landscape connecting the Western and Eastern Cape of South Africa. But this vision is guided by a deeper question and dream: What if we could re-establish ancient elephant migration paths across the Cape, what then? What other wildlife will benefit and how would that restore the ecological balance of the region?