- By: Roy McCallum
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/roy-mccallum
After many years of screaming around the ARGUS Cycle route (25 in fact) chasing the preverbial sub. 3, the penny has at last dropped.
Why not enjoy this splendid Tour and at the same time share the day with a bunch of like-minded friends.
We have called ourselves the Cellucity Schleppers Team and will be on a fund-raising ride to support a very worthy charity called CHOC - Children with Cancer.
Our plan is to ride a time not less than 4 ,5 hrs. with a breakfast stop at Simons Town and to make sure we also have a jolly fine time on the road.
To all my old rugby mates, cycling mates, golfing mates, Chiropractic friends and patients,thank you for taking time to read and consider supporting our drive
- Mar 09, 2012 - R 500.00
- "Enjoy the ride and may the wind be behind you!" - Andy Reid
- Mar 04, 2012 - R 500.00
- "Have a good ride & enjoy the day which you will do if you're not racing" - Nick Reed
- Mar 03, 2012 - R 500.00
- "Dearest Dad, have a fantastic ride! You're my best! So much love - Debs x x x" - Debbie McCallum
- Feb 29, 2012 - R 300.00
- "go for it Roy" - ian and sharon
- Feb 28, 2012 - R 200.00
- "Great idea Roy - enjoy the breakfast and see you outside Cafe Roux!" - Dieter and Jennifer Thurow
- Feb 26, 2012 - R 300.00
- "good luck Roy---Spike" - james Espey
- Feb 26, 2012 - R 250.00
- "Great initiative!" - Ivan stone
- Feb 23, 2012 - R 500.00
- "U go Roy....keep smiling up Chappies...Big Al" - Alwyn Niddrie
- Feb 23, 2012 - R 200.00
- "A true legend and ambassador of possibly one of THE greatest sporting events globally. What a pleasure to sposnor you and a great cause. Enjoy it. Meep meep!" - Sean Smith
CHOC Childhood Cancer Foundation
CHOC Childhood Cancer Foundation SA is the only organisation in South Africa that provides comprehensive countrywide support for children with cancer and other life-threatening blood disorders, and their families. CHOC has a head office in Johannesburg, six regional offices, two branches, and 12 accommodation facilities close to treatment centres. CHOC relies heavily on corporate sponsors, donations from groups or individuals wanting to make a difference in the lives of these little ones.
Their comprehensive support improves the welfare and quality of care of children with cancer and offers families a wide range of psychosocial services and practical support such as counselling, free accommodation, free transport and transport fund to ensure that no child abandons treatment due to the family not affording transport costs, food parcels as they recognise the financial difficulties families often face and parent to parent support groups. CHOC also plays a leading advocacy role and promotes early detection to save lives nationally.