Running for Cancer
- By: TEMOTIO JACOPO
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/run-4-cancer
Temotio is the Brand Ambassador for the Machi Filotimo Cancer Project and runs Marathons in aid of raising funds for Cancer and our Cause.
He has run 6 Marathons for 2019:
- Old Ed’s Race of 21.1km
- Wanderers Rach of 21.1km
- CT Sanlam Marathon of 42km
- Kaapsehoop of 21km
- Soweto Marathon of 42km
- City Lodge Tough One of 42km
He will be running the following Marathons for 2020:
- 12 January / 21km Dis-Chem half Marathon in Bedfordview
- 26 January / 42km Johnson Crane in Benoni
- 9 February / 42k Jeppe at Saheti School
- 7 March / 73km Kodmos in Secunda
- 11 April / 56km Two Oceans in Cape Town.
- 1 May / 42km Rally in Pretoria
- 14 June / Comrades Marathon in KZN
Whilst running these Marathons, he will be raising funds and creating awareness for the project. His lifelong goal is to run the New York Marathon. He has an outgoing personality and enjoys working in front of large groups.
Having been involved with a number of brands previously, he thrives on spreading his message through social media. Temotio is a strong motivator and believes that sport helps everyone to improve and maintain their physical abilities and skills, He is also a fitness instructor and a personal trainer.
- Dec 30, 2019 - R 220.00
Well Done to our brand Ambassador Temo for completing the advent running challenge of 220km which started on 15th December & ends on 25th December. You inspire us all Temo!!" - Filotimo Cancer Project
- Dec 28, 2019 - R 257.05
- "For humanity " - Mac Mokoena
- Dec 26, 2019 - R 500.00
- "We are so inspired by you, Coach. Keep on doing this great work and sharing our beautiful sport with generosity. " - Mthi Family
- Dec 24, 2019 - R 250.00
- "Well done on a great initiative!" - Steve
- Dec 24, 2019 - R 514.10
- "You inspire me Temo! Keep up the good work!" - Rea
Machi Filotimo Cancer Project
The Machi Filotimo Cancer Project is a Non-Profit Company registered in 2019 and our goal is to raise awareness for people diagnosed with cancer.
Our purpose is to create awareness about Cancer, to educate on early detection and to render palliative care to cancer patients. Together with our partners, we work harmoniously in all areas related to addressing Cancer control objectives in order to take care of patients with cancer and support families of survivors.
Our goal is not only to raise funds but to also gather support from individuals and commercial enterprises who can contribute according to their means in whatever way possible.
We are proud to be associated with numerous partners including the Cancer Association of South Africa, CANSA and HOSPICE WITS to name but a few.
To find out more about our organization, please visit our website: www.filotimo.org.za