Ryan's House - A Place of Sanctuary and Hope for Abandoned Babies.
- By: Gina Funke
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/ryans-house-a-place-of-sanctuary-and-ho
Ryan’s House- a place of sanctuary for abandoned and unwanted babies.
Every year around 3800 babies are abandoned in South Africa. That’s over 10 babies per day! These newborn babies, abandoned by mothers who are usually victims of abuse, addiction, rape, poverty and desperation, are often found in back alleys, toilets, in garbage bags, placed in baby bins, handed over to hospitals or left on doorsteps. These sick, malnourished, starving and abandoned babies are left to die without a future, BUT it is through the love and dedication of people like Michelle Cornthwaite, founder of Ryan’s House and her support and volunteer workers, that these babies are provided with a sanctuary, a safe house filled with love, nurturing and care. Ryan’s house, a registered non-profit faith based organisation relies on the generosity and kindness of sponsors and volunteers. Every gift, no matter how big or small, is gladly received and will have a huge impact on a baby’s life.
‘We believe in the dignity of each human life, they are worth more than things and they have no price.’
Ryan’s house is able to home up to 6 babies at a time. Each baby is handed over by the social services for a period of 30 – 120 days. In this time the babies receive full medical care through registered healthcare nurses and doctors. All attempts are made to successfully reunite the baby with their family, to find a safe and loving foster home or have the baby adopted into a permanent home. This in itself offers many challenges and Michelle has taken one baby boy into permanent care until the age of 18 years old.
Moneys donated will go towards the daily care, food, clothing and shelter provided to the babies that arrive at Ryan's House.
- Jan 31, 2019 - USD $ 80.23
- "with love" - Gina at Mudita Studio
- Jan 06, 2019 - USD $ 128.80
- "Love the Mudita crew" - Mudita Beach class
- Dec 28, 2018 - USD $ 73.70
- "Wish you all the best" - Sunil & Marisel
- Dec 27, 2018 - USD $ 148.61
- "With love from Mudita Studio" - Mudita
- Dec 18, 2018 - USD $ 75.59
- "Today I am grateful" - Mudita Studio
- Dec 13, 2018 - USD $ 7.45
- "given with love <3" - Fee
- Dec 13, 2018 - USD $ 74.45
- "Give with love for life, to these precious souls." - WithLove
- Dec 13, 2018 - USD $ 37.95
- "A small donation towards the wonderful work that you are doing in Heidelberg, South Africa" - Gina at Mudita Yoga Studio
Langeberg Christian Fellowship
Ryan's House is a safe haven for abandoned babies. We are a Non Profit Organisation under the umbrella of the Langeberg Christian Fellowship & Heidelberg Christian School. We are situated in Heidelberg, Western Cape, South Africa.
At Ryan's House we provide a temporary safe haven that aims to care for abandoned babies. We care for no more than 6 babies at a time.
At Ryan's House babies are nurtured, loved and provided for until such time as social workers have established a permanent loving family to care for them.
We partner with health nurses, social welfare and medical doctors to ensure that our objectives are met.
Ryan's House is unfunded but has a sustainable income thanks to the generosity and support of others.
At Ryan's House we believe that the work we do is an investment in the future of the people of South Africa.
Ryan's House is a place where the sanctity of each and every life, however short it may be, is honoured and preserved thereby bringing glory to God.