- By: Sabelo Mbokani
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/sabelo-mbokani
My name is Sabelo Mbokani I am a person living with a disability (Wheelchair-bound), from a location in Germiston.
I am humbly asking for your support on a journey that I will be embarking on to Canada in May. I've been entered to compete in a Wheelchair Bodybuilding Competition and to me this a dream come true because I've always dreamed of participating on Big Stages with people from around the world.
I have been invited to participate as an IFBB Pro League competitor at the 2019 Toronto Pro SuperShow being held on June 1 and 2, 2019 in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
I would like to ask you to support me in raising funds for me to get there and represent South Africa our country.
I have done research on what this trip will cost in terms of airfare and accommodation and it is an expensive trip to make, which is why I am asking for financial support. In our country we do not have events that cater for people with disabilities, and if I am able to attend it will be an amazing experience and great opportunity for me.
In previous years, I've participated in different kinds of sports activities and I've achieved acknowledgments and awards, including:
* Wheelchair Basketball 2007- U23 played and went to represent SA in Belgium
* Nedbank Championships - 76 Medals in different events (wheelchair racing, shot put, javelin and discus)
* Wheelchair Marathon 42km in George South Africa.
I am expected to be in Canada by 31st May which is in 20 days time.
1. Flight tickets return cost is R14 000
2. Accommodation - R9800 for 5 nights
3. Registration fee - R2900 per event and I'll be taking part in 2 events (Wheelchair Bodybuilding and Weightlifting)
Your donation will help me cover these costs and also to fulfill my dream as a professional Wheelchair Bodybuilder