Give a Little, Save a Life
- By: SABMR
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/sabmrgivealittle
Beating cancer can feel like a marathon, but not being able to afford the cost associated with treating it, can be devastating!
For many patients diagnosed with a life-threatening blood disorder, such as leukaemia, their only hope of survival is a bone marrow transplant
Right now, there are two young South Africans, a 6-year old boy in Gauteng, diagnosed with Acute Lymphocytic Leukaemia (ALL) and a 19-year old girl from the Free State, diagnosed with Acute Myeloid Leukaemia (AML) - who find themselves in this difficult position.
Our Patient Services Department at the South African Bone Marrow Registry (SABMR) has worked tirelessly to identify potential bone marrow donors for both patients but the cost remains a challenge. One of the donors is based overseas, which comes at a much higher cost.
As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, all of our physical fundraising efforts had to be cancelled due to lockdown restrictions. The pandemic has put a severe strain on everyone’s finances, including our usual corporate donors who have been unable to donate towards our Patient Assistance Programme as they’ve done in the past.
The funds from the programme go toward helping patients, such as the ones mentioned above, to cover the costs associated with the transplant process. However, there aren’t enough funds to do so currently.
We are asking you to open your hearts and give the gift of life by participating in our Give A Little Save A Life campaign.
By donating R50 or more towards the Patient Assistance Programme, you will give these two young people a chance at life!
Join hands with us today. Give a Little, Save a Life.
- Feb 24, 2021 - R 500.00
- "All my hopes and prayers are with the patients" - Candice Devine
- Jan 28, 2021 - R 1 000.00
- "The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" - Anonymous
- Jan 20, 2021 - R 500.00
- "Give a Little, Save a Life" - Elbie
- Jan 18, 2021 - R 200.00
- "God Bless!" - Maria
- Jan 06, 2021 - R 100.00
- "All the best" - Carina Bouwer
- Jan 03, 2021 - R 100.00
- "Many blessings for a speedy recovery" - Elsa
- Dec 31, 2020 - R 50.00
- "Keep up the good work " - Melinda
- Dec 31, 2020 - R 200.00
- "God bless" - Anonymous
- Dec 29, 2020 - R 50.00
- "Stay strong don't stop beleaving" - Anonymous
- Dec 28, 2020 - R 500.00
- "Keep the faith! " - Simone Snell
- Dec 27, 2020 - USD $ 6.84
- "Goodluck " - Anonymous
- Dec 27, 2020 - USD $ 27.36
- "sending strength, courage and positive thoughts" - Meghan Perkins
- Dec 26, 2020 - R 50.00
- "May God give you all the peace, strength and perseverance you need during this difficult time." - A de Beer
- Dec 25, 2020 - R 1 000.00
- "BGG" - capp tapp
- Dec 24, 2020 - R 100.00
- "Keep the faith" - Laura
- Dec 19, 2020 - R 101.00
- "Keep the faith & positivity . All will go well. " - Ashira Vallabh
- Dec 13, 2020 - USD $ 165.28
- "All the best " - Anonymous
- Dec 10, 2020 - R 50.00
- "With love" - Anonymous
Donations to dateR 195 858.04
Fundraising targetR 400 000.00
Funds raised offlineR 188 357.00 Donate
The South African Bone Marrow Registry
The South African Bone Marrow Registry (SABMR) exists to help find matching bone marrow donors for critically ill South African children and adults who need a transplant but do not have a match within their own family. The only one of its kind in South Africa, the SABMR is committed to helping every patient referred to it. If there is no matching donor in South Africa, we take our search worldwide - “We search the world to find your perfect match”.