Leukemia Warrior Fund
- By: Nazreen Layloo
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/safura-ismail
My name is Nazreen, I am 28 years old and I reside in Cape Town South Africa. I am raising funds to help a family member who is suffering from Acute Myeloid Leukemia.
Safura Ismail is my Inspiration for funding.
She is a mom to a 7-year-old little boy. Since she's been diagnosed on the 28th of April 2019, she has gone for 3 extensive chemotherapy sessions. Doctors have now told her she needs an urgent bone marrow transplant.
Due to none of her family members being adequate matches she has had to find a match on the South African bone marrow registry and has successfully done so.
However due to the medical aid restrictions, the treatment will not be covered due to the donor not being related to her.
Her family members are all working-class people and do not have these funds available and are desperately trying to raise funds for Safura’s treatment. The team of doctors has given them a limited time to raise these funds. Safura has only three maintenance chemotherapy sessions left, thereafter her condition becomes fatal.
The family has a mammoth task ahead of them to raise funds for her in the hopes that she can be treated and given a second chance of a healthy and happy life with her 7-year-old son and husband.
This is a heartfelt, sincere request to anyone who can and would like to contribute towards Safura Ismail treatment costs.
Bellow is a summarised quotation received from the hospital. This quotation can be provided if necessary.
1. Quotation for transplant/harvesting of donor -
2. Quotation for hospital stay at Pretoria East Hospital (Staying in Ward 20 High care for approximately 30 days) -
3.Quotation from Pharma Logistical Solutions (Dischem) for chemotherapy -
4. Ampath/Lancet Laboratory for pre-screening blood tests and post-transplant blood test -
R 82 495.00
5. Chest X-rays and heart donor for patient and donor -
R3 023.00 (Eastrand Radiologists)
6. South African National blood services for approximately 2 times blood transfusions after the stem cells -
R58 024.47 (Quoted for 4)
These were some of the costs received and it was advised by the hospital that an additional 200 000 - 300 000 be secured for any unforeseen costs.
Safura Ismail will be able to fund her treatment costs and be given the opportunity of a second chance of a healthy life with her son and husband and everyone who loves and cares for her.
*Funds will be administered by QSA Consulting and will go directly to all hospital costs. Donors may request full breakdowns of all costs received by hospital personnel and service providers.*
- Sep 20, 2019 - R 1 000.00
- "Wishing complete healing for Safura Ismail, and all Leukemia warriors. Ameen" - Anonymous