Samantha's Swahili Channel swim for charity
- By: Samantha Leader
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/samanthas-swahili-channel-swim-for-charit
Tammy and I are joining a fund raising relay swim, organised by the 'Mad Swimmers' of South Africa. We are swimming in memory of Richard, Tammy's husband and Will and Georgie's Dad, who died of cancer this February.
One of my lasting memories of Richard, was of him trying to round up his kids from the surf of the Swahili Channel, which it is now our goal to cross.
The Swahili Channel swim will happen on the 10th of October. We will swim the 35km in relay sessions.
Your contribution will go to the children's cancer hospital in Dar, giving the children here a better last few months of life.
Please help us raise funds, thank you.
- Oct 13, 2015 - R 1 025.00
- "Amazing crusade, you wonderfully crazy women!!" - Heidi & Paul
- Oct 12, 2015 - USD $ 75.00
- "well done!!! I'll join you next time!! xxx" - Sarah Stephens
- Oct 09, 2015 - USD $ 40.09
- "Go go go, you fearless one ;-) !" - Hendrik
- Oct 08, 2015 - USD $ 40.09
- "My mermaid friend...I have no doubt you will suceeed in this current mad venture! Go for it! x" - Claire & The Yocums
- Oct 05, 2015 - R 1 000.00
- "Good luck guys" - Chris Morgan
Madswimmer is a registered non-profit company consisting of individuals involved with daring open water swims to raise funds for children’s charities. They are established business men and women in their own right, but also do these extreme, adventurous swims. Take a look at some previous campaigns here to see how they managed to raise over $420000 over the past 7 years.