Sasha-Lee Miss World SA 2019 Beauty With A Purpose - #ItsNotYourFault
- By: Sasha-Lee Olivier
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/sasha-lee-olivier
I am Sasha-Lee Laurel Olivier, Miss World South Africa 2019.
I am a sexual abuse survivor and for my Miss World Beauty with a Purpose project, I want to raise funds from corporates & individuals to buy, pack and distribute Rape Comfort Packs. My campaign partners are the Angel Network and active citizen, Penny Stein. It is R120 per pack and includes a variety of hygiene products, a teddy bear and also a note to reassure the sexual abuse & assault survivors that it is NOT their fault and to restore dignity to the survivors. We compile packs for men and females of different ages too. This project is very close to my heart as I can speak from experience.
This is also a campaign that I want to champion post my year of reign and pledge to make it my permanent mission to raise funds and assist emotionally by distributing 10 000 of these dignity packs.
I am fully aware of the limited access to medical rape kits but I am determined to assist women on an emotional level as this is one of the things that I wished for more than anything when I was reporting my case. It is the main reason why I have decided to distribute the Comfort Packs; it is the reason for my #itsnotyourfault campaign.
The more funds I am able to raise, the more packs we can distribute. For only R120 a donor can restore dignity in a rape survivor's life.
It is R120 per pack.
There are 8 different Comfort packs for women, men, girls & boys of different age groups.
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Shower gel
- Teddy Bear
- Body lotion
- Face cloth
- Deodorant (men & women pack)
- Mouthwash (adults only)
- Sanitary pads (women pack)
- Sweets (for the sugar)
- A juice
- A personalised note
Funds raised will be paid into the beneficiary's bank account. Thank you so much for supporting my campaign.
Follow my journey on social media @sashaleelaurel and the Official Miss South Africa social media accounts.
Sasha-Lee Laurel Olivier
Miss World SA 2019
- Nov 12, 2019 - R 154.23
- "-" - Anonymous
- Nov 12, 2019 - R 493.54
- "Good luck with your project." - Pat Abraham
- Nov 08, 2019 - R 130.00
“God will carry you.”- Isaiah 46:4" - Anonymous
- Nov 08, 2019 - R 2 056.40
- "So much needed!" - Henriette
- Nov 07, 2019 - R 246.77
- "You are stronger than you think, and braver than you know. Sending deep life." - Anon
- Nov 07, 2019 - R 200.00
Proud of you. Wishing you strength and healing." - Mntambo
- Nov 06, 2019 - USD $ 15.00
- "“Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.” ??Matthew? ?11:28" - Thoby
- Nov 06, 2019 - R 121.80
- "Thank you for running much needed campaigns like this. " - Tracy Young
- Nov 06, 2019 - R 360.00
United we stand..divided we fall !" - B.N. Kaczanowski
- Nov 05, 2019 - R 123.38
- "Fantastic initiative! " - Sharon Izerel
- Nov 05, 2019 - R 240.00
Just correct the spelling mistake of "sweats" to "sweets" please?." - Anandi
- Nov 05, 2019 - R 120.00
- "God bless " - Marlene
- Nov 05, 2019 - R 130.00
#ItsNotYourFault - thank you Sasha-Lee!!" - Lauren Magnes
- Nov 05, 2019 - R 210.00
I am not a victim. I have many close friends who unfortunately have been, so this initiative touches my heart a great deal." - Marli Muller
- Nov 05, 2019 - R 205.64
- "Beautiful initiative. To provide the slightest bit of comfort to someone who has gone through such trauma. And to show that someone cares " - Olivia
- Nov 05, 2019 - USD $ 36.82
- "Love and light for all the work you do " - Brenda
- Nov 04, 2019 - R 507.50
- "With love & gratitude " - Paulla Primich
- Nov 04, 2019 - R 123.38
- "Women behind this amazing initiative I salute u! It's time for us to stand up and fight!" - Delia
- Nov 04, 2019 - R 205.64
- "Thank you for being earth angels x" - Jodi Fittinghoff
- Nov 04, 2019 - USD $ 31.56
- "Thank you for using your platform to promote this cause, Sasha. May God bless you." - Gretha
- Nov 04, 2019 - R 121.80
- "#itsnotyourfault" - Lillian Keyser
- Nov 04, 2019 - R 200.00
- "Backing you Sasha. Thank you for your efforts to help those in dire need. " - Errin