Star Brite-Tygerberg Hospital Children's Trust Optimist for the The Great Optimist Race.
- By: Star Brite/ Tygerberg Hospital Children's Trust
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/sb-thct-optimist
Support the Star Brite dinghy in The Great Optimist Race and help us not only make it first across the finishing line, but also onto the Fundraising Leaderboard.
We are raising funds for the Tygerberg Hospital Children's Trust. The Tygerberg Hospital Children’s Trust has been servicing the fundraising needs of the Tygerberg Children’s wing for many years, often against many odds. Whilst around 44,000 kids (mostly from the surrounding areas such as Mitchell’s Plain, Khayelitsha etc.) go through this world-leading medical facility per annum, this hospital often does not receive it’s fair share of support.
To donate to our campaign using Snapscan, please click here.
- Oct 19, 2019 - R 1 028.20
- "Seas the day! " - J&Jo
- Oct 17, 2019 - R 300.00
- "Snapscan" - Pierre Goussard
- Oct 16, 2019 - R 500.00
- "Happy sailing" - Hannie
- Oct 15, 2019 - R 205.64
- "Keep on swimming :)" - Kate
- Oct 15, 2019 - R 1 028.20
- "Plain sailing" - Aron Van Graan
- Oct 15, 2019 - R 308.46
- "For all the little ones to dream BIG" - Deon
- Oct 15, 2019 - R 257.05
- "Good Vibes happen on the Tides... Smooth Sailing!!" - Ruwaida Benjamin
- Oct 14, 2019 - R 154.23
- "Safe on the waters Little Pirates. ????????????" - Aidy Williams
- Oct 14, 2019 - R 110.00
- "" Work like a Captain, Play like a Pirate" .. happy sailing!" - Anthea Van Graan
- Oct 12, 2019 - R 101.50
- "Happy Sailing little Pirates????" - Anita Pather
The Great Optimist Race
The Great Optimist Race 2019 will be held during the Cape Town International Boat Show, on October 19th. Between 35 and 40 Optimist Children’s dinghies will be raced by adults ( Celebrities, Medical Survivors & Captains of Industry) not only for glory, but also to raise money and awareness for the charity of their choice . The Race will be a FANTASTIC and UNIQUE fundraising event , spreading Optimism and Hope across so many sectors. All the funds raised by each boat will be split between The Little Optimist Trust and the charity supported by that boat.
The event will take place at the V & A Waterfront so come down to support your boat and see who walks away with the coveted trophy.
Please donate and BackaBoat by selecting the boat and charity you would like to support. Challenge your friends and corporates to match or better your donation, and help us to help other people.