SFB PROJECT H.O.P.E.
- By: SEA POINT FRESNAYE BANTRY BAY RATEPAYERS & RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/sfb-project
The Sea Point Fresnaye Bantry Bay Ratepayers & Residents Association has created Project H.O.P.E. (Homelessness Outreach Prevention & Education).
The project vision is to create a one-stop hub for fieldworkers workers to use as a base from which to work and be accessible for the homeless to visit easily to seek assistance. The hub would also serve as a drop-off point for donations and food from where it will be sent to the shelters and safe spaces. This activity will be part of the campaign for responsible giving.
It views Project H.O.P.E. as a unique opportunity for various role players to work co-operatively to come up with solutions to deal with the increasing number of street people moving into the Atlantic Seaboard and surrounding areas.
Funds raised will be used for outreach programs for street people; fund transport for street people who would like to leave the streets and go into shelters or back to their families; Employ more field and social workers to deal with the situation on the ground; Educational campaigns.
We need your support to make this vision a reality so please donate today.
- Aug 25, 2021 - R 1 000.00
- "Homelessness is not something we can ignore, but we can contribute modestly to constructively approach and integrate these individuals in a manner that calls for decency and respect." - Marianne Geneva Place
- May 15, 2021 - R 100.00
- "Thank you for keeping our beaches clean" - U Watson
- Jan 22, 2021 - R 2 000.00
- "Good work you are doing" - Steve L
- Jan 22, 2021 - R 300.00
I hope this small amount will help someone on the streets find the safety and comfort they need." - Tayla Paige van Sittert
- Sep 17, 2020 - R 500.00
- "proud to do it. Happy to be able to help you. Good work you do. Congratulations" - RUI BAIAO
- Aug 31, 2020 - R 1 097.50
- "We cancelled our planned visit to Cape Town and advised Rosedene Lodge to donate part of our deposit to this great cause" - Alexander Scharnbeck
- Aug 24, 2020 - R 300.00
- "Great initiative. Good luck reaching your goal." - H.Kaplan
- Aug 20, 2020 - USD $ 119.33
- "Wünschen euch sehr viel Erfolg und Kraft das alles durchzustehen. Hoffentlich können wir bald wieder nach Süd Africa. Grüße Andrea und Walter" - Andrea und Walter R.
- Aug 18, 2020 - R 500.00
- "in awe and honour of your work" - Anonymous
- Aug 18, 2020 - R 1 000.00
- "We need to get this out there. Great initiative." - Daniel van Dalen
- Aug 18, 2020 - R 200.00
All the best in what you do" - Jean Borgstrom
- Aug 18, 2020 - R 200.00
- "Let's get behind this!" - KStewart
- Aug 17, 2020 - R 250.00
- "So proud of my colleagues and friends in the SFB for their civic-minded efforts and social responsibility. " - David Polovin
- Aug 17, 2020 - USD $ 28.66
- "All the best in making this a success" - Anonymous
- Aug 13, 2020 - R 1 000.00
- "Great initiative and happy to help" - Juanita Levetan
- Aug 11, 2020 - R 500.00
- "I think this is a good approach to really help people in a sustainable way." - Madeleine Waechter
- Aug 08, 2020 - USD $ 570.63
- "Great work guys! " - Colleen Hennequin
- Aug 08, 2020 - R 1 000.00
- "We need to act responsibly and give to organisations that will put the money to good use. So join us in supporting this worthy cause instead of giving money to people begging on the street corners." - Miles October
SEA POINT FRESNAYE BANTRY BAY RATEPAYERS & RESIDENTS ASSOCIATION
The Sea Point Fresnaye Bantry Bay Ratepayers and
Residents Association (SFB) is for all residents and
ratepayers in these suburbs.
We all have a role to play in enhancing and developing our communities. To connect you to service providers and to solutions and to empower you to take action.
The aim is to engage with the relevant, to make the most of the services they provide and to ensure that residents have a say in the decisions which affect them. Whether it’s engaging with Council or other service providers such as SAPS and Law Enforcement, or engaging with each other, a community which interacts is a cohesive force for community good.