Shaun's Cycle Tour Challenge for Mamelani Projects
- By: Shaun ter Bruggen
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/shauns-cycle-tour-challenge-for-mamelani
I will be participating in the Cape Town Cycle Tour in honour of an organisation called Mamelani Projects. Aside from the personal challenge of riding the Cape Town Cycle Tour, I will be joining 30 other riders in an effort to raise awareness and funds for Mamelani Projects, an organisation that is committed to walking alongside people in their development.
Mamelani Projects has 2 flagship programmes. Their Youth Development Programme supports young people who are transitioning out of state care and their Community Health Programme shares essential health information with women to enable them to make informed choices and take action to improve their health and the health of their families.
The R2000 that is raised ensures that Mamelani is able to offer learning opportunities to their participants in ways that truly enable them to take the next steps towards reaching their own personal goals. R2000 enables 4 women to attend an 8-week long workshop series that builds confidence and health knowledge. It can also enable a young person to start a paid internship and prepare for the world of work.
Please help me reach my goal of raising R2000 to create these kinds of opportunities for the people that Mamelani works with.
- Mar 04, 2016 - R 250.00
- "Good luck Boet -enjoy the ride" - Carla ter Bruggen
- Mar 02, 2016 - R 1 000.00
- "A totally committed Cyclepath" - Shaun ter Bruggen
- Mar 02, 2016 - R 200.00
- "Go Shaun! Always there for a good cause" - Helga Marescia
- Mar 02, 2016 - R 250.00
- "Good Luck!" - Branco's
- Mar 01, 2016 - R 500.00
- "Have a great one" - Amilcar
- Mar 01, 2016 - R 500.00
- "All the best" - Gill Jones
- Mar 01, 2016 - R 400.00
- "Good luck Ter Bruggs " - Vanessa
- Feb 29, 2016 - R 300.00
- "Good luck Shaun! Thank you riding for a good cause-you have a heart of gold xx" - Sama ter Bruggen
- Feb 29, 2016 - R 500.00
- "Good luck Mr T! Will be looking for you on the TV! " - Swanna
- Feb 29, 2016 - R 350.00
- "Good luck Shaun " - Juan Guthrie
- Feb 29, 2016 - R 699.69
- "Awesome challenge and a great initiative. Give it Horns big man." - Krause Family
- Feb 29, 2016 - R 600.00
- "You make us proud every year... this year little Chipmunk will be waiting too for his Opa's safe finish xx Give it horns Opa" - Your Eldest
- Feb 25, 2016 - R 250.00
- "Good luck Shaun!!" - Phil Baxter
- Feb 02, 2016 - R 500.00
- "You have always supported my endeavours, and I will always support yours." - Holly ter Bruggen
- Jan 29, 2016 - R 300.00
- "You go little cyclepath!" - Leah
- Jan 28, 2016 - USD $ 7.08
- "Good luck Uncle Shaun" - Sylvia Brown
Mamelani works with people to increase their sense of agency and ability to improve their own lives. We work with young people coming out of state care through our Youth Development Programme and with women through our Health Education Programme.
To set up your own fundraising page for Mamelani Projects click here