Siyabonga Mandela Day Food Drive
- By: Chrisna du Plessis
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/siyabonga-mandeladay-fooddrive
During the current Covid-19 pandemic, Siyabonga lost most of the private funding and sponsors which assisted with our running cost for 11 programs. Children and Persons with disabilities are the most vulnerable groups in our organization.
They are admitted into our centres from surrounded communities to assist and to protect. Siyabonga works daily with about 200 clients with disabilities and Women & children in protection.
Food security is a huge challenge to provide 3 meals per day to all our residents and clients.
The Mandela Food Drive will assist Siyabonga in providing 3 meals to our vulnerable residents and clients of Siyabonga.
Funds raised will be used for the purchase of food to provide meals.
- Jul 20, 2021 - R 5 000.00
Thank you for your good work." - Anonymous
- Jul 18, 2021 - R 2 000.00
- "Siyabonga for the work that you do! We hope that this will help in some small way in your efforts to take care of the most vulnerable members of our communities. " - Ayanda & Thuli
Siyabonga - Huis van Danksegging
Siyabonga is a Non-Profit organization founded in 2005 in Vredenburg in Western Cape, South Africa. Our focus is to Improving the lives of vulnerable groups on the broader West Coast are. Services are built on 4 pillars, which includes:
- Health (Step Down Facility for the sick)
- Disability (Residential care, Day Care facilities, and Protective Workshop for persons with disabilities)
- Women & Children (Child and Youth Care Centre, Shelters for abused women and Children)
- Early Childhood Development Centre
Siyabonga believes in working together, to improve the lives of the sick and ill health patients, persons and children with disabilities, Women & children in need of safety, Children from poor communities for educational needs.
We partner with Goverment Department and private sponsers, working together to provide services to the most vulnerable groups in our sociaety, providing
25 110 monthly meals, Job creation of 130 permanent jobs and accomodate 110 clients in 24hour residential care facilities.
Your assistance with our daily running cost will be highly appreciated, this will include:
- High burden patient care
- Basic medical care
- 24 hour Residential care
- Child and Youth care
- Victem Empowerment
- Childhood development
- Food security
- Life skills and skills development for persons with disabilities
- Awareness and prevention during health days