Soul Food: healing the homeless through Art
- By: Charisse Louw
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/soul-food
It's not enough to feed the body, our souls are hungry too. The homeless know what it is to suffer from this insatiable hunger which often leads to addiction and isolation. This profound art process has helped me heal from my own struggle with depression and trauma.
It only costs R200 per participant for facilitation, art supplies and nourishing food -- this for a 3 hour healing art workshop. Should we raise more than needed for one workshop, the excess will go towards our weekly feeding scheme and/or future workshops.
For more info please visit https://charisselouw.blogspot.com/2018/10/soul-food-healing-homeless.html
- Nov 01, 2018 - R 205.64
- "With all my heart; please use for food." - Anonymous
- Oct 24, 2018 - USD $ 73.84
- "Good luck everyone!" - Anonymous
- Oct 24, 2018 - R 514.10
- "You are stars! Love you guys" - Karen
- Oct 23, 2018 - R 514.10
- "Bringing some light into the lives of the homeless folks is our pleasure --- seeing we are far far away from Charisse and Zelda's good deeds!" - Alan & Carley
- Oct 19, 2018 - R 205.64
- "Such a beautiful idea, thank you. Wishing you lots of love and fun on this journey. " - Oli Ryder