Stephanie to Kilimanjaro
- By: Stephanie Hatzidemou
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/stephanie-to-kilimanjaro
This time no Amsterdam City Swim, but a Mountain Kilimanjaro Climb!
In the South African Townships there are alot of burn victims due to unprotected gasuse.
Especially the children often become ashamed of themselves and isolate themselves.
This can be partially prevented by the use of a special (Lumenus) laser machine to prevent scarring (a second one is higly needed). And by offering specialized psychological help to prevent these people from having PTSD and a low self esteem.
The government can't/ won't supply this for them.
By contributing to this Kilimanjaro Climb this second laser machine can be bought and the highly needed psychological help can be offered.
It would be great if you would join me or if you would donate!
Mount Kilimanjaro Trek is one of the most challenging treks in the world. It is the highest mountain in Africa at 5,900 meters.
It's one of 'the Seven Summits', the highest peaks on the seven continents.
All the funds I raise will go towards the U-matter program which is psychological support program for burn survivors and their families. With this money also a second Lumenis Laser Machine will be bought to help children with their scarring.
I already paid for the trip to Tanzania, I am only asking for your support by donating any amount you can to this cause. 100% of your donation will go directly to these burn survivors (Avela Foundation).
follow our journey on instagram @avelatrekking
- Mar 19, 2019 - USD $ 72.88
- "Gaan met die banaan en geniet ervan!" - Olivier van Walsem
- Mar 19, 2019 - USD $ 109.31
- "." - ash
- Mar 19, 2019 - USD $ 36.84
- "Good luck honey!" - Ghazal
- Mar 18, 2019 - USD $ 29.16
- "Super Steph!! " - Jessica
- Feb 24, 2019 - USD $ 71.44
- "Good luck Steph!" - Stephanie Hatzidemou
- Jan 09, 2019 - R 1 028.20
- "thank you Stephanie for joining this life changing adventure and for supporting us on this great cause. Good Luck with Kili Go team Avela !!!" - cami palomo