Su-mari's medical expenses
- By: Hestie van Wyk
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/su-maris-medical-expenses
Su-mari is a young 19 year old girl with a friendly and positive personality. She has had hardship throughout her matric year when their home burnt down and her grandpa died in the house fire, but that didn't stop her from living each day fully and seeing the best in people around her.
She has had been feeling tired and anxious a lot lately and had a knot in her stomach which they thought was stress related. The pain started to get worse and they went to see the doctor, after doing a sonar they referred her to Dr Moodley an oncologist who suspected Lymphoma.
CT scans done on 12 February 2019 confirmed multiple lymphomas in her spleen, pancreas, stomach kidneys and liver. The pathologist did a biopsy directly after to confirm but as Su-mari has no medical aid the costs are already piling up, and biopsy will only be analyzed once payment of R10480 is received.
We are looking to friends, family and anyone who would like to contribute, to help us raise funds for the biopsy as well as future treatments she is likely to have to undergo.
**Update 19 February 2019
Dr Moodley confirmed diagnosis of stage 3 diffuse large cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. 8 Chemotherapy sessions will be needed. Outstanding payments to radiologist of R4181 and oncologists fee.
*Funds raised will be transferred directly to the relevant medical practitioner where possible*
- Mar 19, 2019 - USD $ 70.00
- "All the best, hope this helps." - Andrea
- Feb 23, 2019 - R 2 233.00
- "Sterk wees suma, ons is baie lief vir jou" - Anoniem
- Feb 19, 2019 - R 1 010.00
- "Ek help graag waar ek kan! Bly positief en bid????????" - Erika
- Feb 18, 2019 - USD $ 7.10
- ", " - C
- Feb 17, 2019 - USD $ 1.42
- "..xoxo.." - Sisca
- Feb 17, 2019 - R 507.50
- "Hi Su-Mari, ons skenk dit met al ons liefde. Ons bid vir volkome genesing. Ons bid vir jou gesin & familie ook. Baie liefde & seen. Morne & Karen & kinders" - Morne & Karen Theunissen
- Feb 17, 2019 - R 514.10
- "God I pray that you will give this young lady a 2nd change in life. Su-Mari never give up you stay strong girl! " - Anonymous
- Feb 16, 2019 - R 154.23
- "There is always light at the end of a tunnel xxx Mel " - Mel
- Feb 16, 2019 - R 300.00
- "Baie sterkte dink aan julle" - Leonie
Su-mari Fryde Medical Cause
On the 12 February 2019 doctors confirmed that Su-mari had multiple lymphomas in her spleen, pancreas, stomach kidneys and liver. The pathologist did a biopsy directly after to confirm but as Su-mari has no medical aid the costs are already piling up, and biopsy will only be analyzed once payment has been received.
Please help spread the word: