Braam completed his 2nd Everesting Challenge - cycled 8848 meters for Conservation
- By: Braam Wannenburg
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/support-braam-in-his-2nd-everesting-challe
ONE HILL. ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD.
ONE ACTIVITY. NO TIME LIMIT. NO SLEEP.
In October last year Braam Wannenburg cycled 8848 meters, 14 times up en down the Swartberg mountain range in just 1 day... Starting at the break of dawn that Sunday morning, a cold misty mountain waited for him. Pain waited for him. Glory waited for him, and inner peace waited for him. All he had to do, was not give up.
Yesterday, the 10th of March, Braam completed his second Everesting attempt on the Prince Albert side of Swartberg Pass, he started at midnight. He used the Strava Segment "1/20th of Everest", it's 4.69km with 444m of ascent at an average of a 9% gradient. Braam rode up and down this section of the mountain 20 times. He did it for a good cause, The Cheetah preservation foundation. Please help him reach his goal. Braam has helped us raise awareness for the plight of cheetahs, the fastest land animal, who is losing it's race against extinction. It took Braam 14 gruelling hours to complete this challenge. He in fact did 8960 meters.
The concept of Everesting is fiendishly simple: Pick any hill, anywhere in the world and ride repeats of it in a single activity until you climb 8,848m – the equivalent height of Mount Everest. Complete the challenge, and you’ll find your name in the Hall of Fame, alongside the best climbers in the world.
"A man who has no imagination has no wings. That mountain changed my life. I learned a lot about myself that day. Limits are made up in your mind. Your mind is both your greatest enemy yet your strongest weapon. It's up to yourself how you're going to use it."
Funds raised during this campaign will be contributed to the care and food for the 30 cheetahs at the Cango Wildlife Ranch who are under the care of The Cheetah Preservation Foundation - NPC.
- Mar 09, 2019 - R 203.00
- "Good luck B!!" - Ciska Terblanche
- Mar 09, 2019 - R 444.00
- "Go for it Braam, we'll see you up there on Sunday" - John Swanepoel
- Mar 09, 2019 - R 200.00
- "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUVD11ThpPQ" - Bring die Cheetahs terug (Super Rugby toe)
- Mar 09, 2019 - USD $ 69.25
- "What an inspiration! Proud to have you part of the GEARUP team!!!" - GEARUP
- Mar 08, 2019 - USD $ 36.26
- "Life’s a Journey.... Enjoy the Ride " - Errol
- Mar 07, 2019 - R 205.64
- "Sterkte Braam. Jou hart is goed en n voorbeeld vir ons as nietige mense." - Jade&Sue; Marie
- Mar 07, 2019 - USD $ 35.05
- "Jy maak ons trots Braam! Sterkte." - Bert Verlinde
- Mar 07, 2019 - R 200.00
- "Lekker ry my mater! Sterkte en vasbyt! Jy bly n great person!" - Thinus
- Mar 06, 2019 - R 507.50
- "You are destined for greatness. Believe in yourself and go for it!! Ons is super trots en lief vir jou, boeta." - Anje
- Mar 06, 2019 - R 200.00
- "Sterkte Braam. "Inspired by the mountain"" - Serfie en Corne
- Mar 06, 2019 - R 203.00
- "Jy mag nie die winkel se e-bike gebruik nie" - Jan
- Mar 06, 2019 - R 310.00
- "Jy bereik sukses as jou drome groter as jou verskonings raak. Supertrots op jou." - Pappa en Mamma
- Mar 04, 2019 - R 507.50
- "Don’t wait until you’ve reached your goal to be proud of yourself. Be proud of every step you take toward reaching your goal. Sterkte Braam! Ons is supertrots op jou! " - Sonja Schultz
- Mar 04, 2019 - R 1 000.00
- "ALL THE BEST BRAAM, YOU ARE DEFINITELY DOING IT FOR A WORTY CAUSE!" - HOWARD
- Feb 28, 2019 - USD $ 75.50
- "A worthy cause and a noble effort - well done and good luck!" - Stephen O'Neill
- Feb 28, 2019 - R 507.50
- "Do what you love!! Trots op jou! " - Suléne & Didi
- Feb 28, 2019 - R 1 028.20
- "Good luck Braam, no mountain too high. Thanks for your contribution to this good cause. " - Werner
- Feb 28, 2019 - R 101.50
- "You are brave and you are an inspiration!" - Carmen Ellis
- Feb 27, 2019 - R 203.00
- "Great idea! All the best Braam. May this be a great success." - Willemien van Tonder