Swimming champion to attend World Para-Swimming Championships
- By: Donnavan Kruger
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/support-for-cristelle-swimmer
My sister, Cristelle Kriel, was adopted at the age of 4 years old. Despite facing numerous personal challenges, Cristelle qualified for the World Para-Swimming Championships to be held in Mexico from 30 September – 06 October 2017. She has qualified in three events and the only one to qualify in the S14 Intellectually Impaired (II) category.
Unfortunately, Sascoc and Swimming South Africa (SSA) cannot fund the trip, hence the team is fully self-funded. We are looking for sponsors who might be willing to invest in Cristelle’s future. The total amount needed by SSA is R60 000 per swimmer to cover all expenses. Sponsors can also contact our mother, Madelein Kruger email@example.com, or Cristelle’s coach, Gideon du Toit firstname.lastname@example.org.
Below you will find a brief timeline of some of her greatest achievements in the past three years:
- 2015: She competed in the Global Paralympic Games in Ecuador from September 19 to 23. At Inas Global Games she was a top performer with two silver medals and one bronze.
- 2016: She broke three SA records, and set up a new fastest backstroke 50m time in Africa at KwaZulu-Natal (KZN) Swimming Championships at Kings Park Swimming Pool in Durban.
- 2017: posted a World Para-Swimming Championships qualification time in the 100m butterfly, claimed her FOUR gold medals in the competition.
- AND NOW: She is on the final list of World Para-Swimming Qualifiers
*Photo credit: Lowveld GetIt magazine
- Jul 18, 2017 - R 1 542.30
- "Sterkte Christelle!" - Elzaan van Zyl
- Jul 11, 2017 - USD $ 13.64
- "Good luck!!" - Desiré
- Jul 10, 2017 - R 1 010.00
- "Sterkte Stella!" - UK Jansens
- Jul 05, 2017 - R 1 000.00
- "Well done on qualifying, we are rooting for you." - Anon
- Jun 28, 2017 - R 510.00
- "Enjoy the experiance!" - Ed
- Jun 28, 2017 - R 51.41
- "Sterkte!" - Anonymous
- Jun 28, 2017 - USD $ 80.86
- "Good luck " - Caren
- Jun 27, 2017 - R 205.64
- "Best of luck!" - Anonymous
Support for Cristelle
Despite facing numerous personal challenges, Cristelle qualified for the World Para-Swimming Championships to be held in Mexico from 30 September – 06 October 2017. We are looking for sponsors who might be willing to invest in Cristelle’s future. The total amount needed by SSA is R60 000 per swimmer to cover all expenses.