Hisense in Support of PinkDrive
- By: PinkDrive
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/support-for-pinkdrive
Hisense SA has chosen to support PinkDrive this October when South Africans are rallying together to raise awareness, and funds for Breast Cancer situated in Randburg, Gauteng.
Our project is focused to mobilise the mammography mobile units at two hospitals.
The fire at Charlotte Maxeke hospital on 16th April 2021 resulted in the oncology units being closed indefinitely.
Patients are being affected, as cancer screening services cannot be provided. If they are, such services are now offered at other hospitals, which comes with additional transport expenses for the patient and long waiting periods.
PinkDrive has been assisting the hospitals by mobilising their mobile mammography units for the past two months. However, funding is needed to extend the services until year-end.
Additional funds can potentially assist with the construction of a new oncology ward at one of these hospitals.
The cost per day per hospital is: R13 996,80 (excl. VAT) x 2 hospitals = R27 993,60
x 4 (weeks) =R111 974,40
x 3 months = R335 923,20
In addition, Hisense will be donating a portion of its profits on selected products sold for the month of October.
- Nov 04, 2021 - R 1 000.00
- "Lots of love and god vibes to everyone affected and thank you to all supporters." - People Have Influence
- Oct 20, 2021 - R 600.00
- "Such a good cause, that’s why we’re supporting it" - Anonymous
- Oct 18, 2021 - R 500.00
- "A prayer for all those in need of detection and treatment" - André de Lacerda
- Oct 07, 2021 - R 200.00
- "health is most important" - Jason Huiming Xu
- Oct 01, 2021 - R 200.00
- "Hope everyone is living with health and happiness." - Hale Liu
- Sep 30, 2021 - USD $ 13.18
- "In loving memory of my best friend who died from Breast Cancer" - Michéle Fourie
- Sep 29, 2021 - R 500.00
- "For my Mom, who is Cancer survivor " - Claudia Henkel
- Sep 29, 2021 - R 100.00
- "Thank you for making a difference!" - Mark
PinkDrive NPC, a health sector NGO, was founded in 2009 by Ms. Noelene Kotschan, on the premise that “Early detection will help prolong a life.” PinkDrive’s cardinal purpose is to contribute meaningfully towards preventing as many people as it can, from succumbing to breast, cervical, prostate, and testicular cancer. Its primary focus is on citizens without access to reasonable care for these conditions, and who reside in areas where health services do not reach.
It recognizes that treatable cancers receiving even the basic levels of care could translate into varying lengths of extended life for the afflicted when detected and treated early. Its posture is ostensibly a promoter of health awareness in general, and specifically health education and heightening awareness of gender-related cancers in South Africa.