- By: Keri-Leigh Paschal
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/supporting-supporters
LATEST NEWS FROM THE GAP FUND
The Gap Fund has allocated funds to more than 80 non-profit organisations (NPOs) to date. The Fund, established by The Mergon Group in March 2020, has already raised more than R7 000 000 (Seven Million Rand) from various private funders.
Mergon has a 15-year track record in supporting South Africa’s social impact NPOs and directing funds to where they are needed most. We have the ability to distribute money to NPOs very quickly. But we need both individuals and businesses to join us by contributing to The Gap Fund, and in doing so, invest in the future of our country.
“While many people think that NPOs are being supported significantly through the crisis, it is in fact extremely difficult for NPOs to access funding for relief efforts and almost impossible for them to access funds for their own sustainability.”
Keri-Leigh Paschal, Executive Trustee, Nation Builder
Join us in standing in the gap for NPOs!
The economic downturn and the Coronavirus pandemic have added complexity to the challenges that Non-Profit Organisations (NPOs) face in South Africa. Businesses are in survival mode and cutting back where possible - often directly impacting on the NPO sector.
This is not good news for South Africa’s non-profit organisations (NPOs), who provide critical services to millions of people in areas like health, education and poverty alleviation. For many of them, they rely heavily on the financial contributions of businesses to keep their doors open.
When NPOs close or scale back their activities because of a lack of funding, it’s our most vulnerable communities that suffer: women, children, the elderly, the infirm. And now, with children having to stay home from school, and parents losing income by not being able to work as a result of Coronavirus prevention measures, the demand for the support provided by our NPO community is going to grow exponentially.
The emergency Gap Fund, set up by the Mergon Group, will be used to stand in the gap for NPOs who have lost significant funding over the last few weeks due to the Coronavirus and economic landscape. It will also aid in any areas where the need for NPO services increase due to schools closing, parents being without work and remuneration while 'work from home' policies are implemented.
The aim is to ultimately keep the NPOs doors open through this tough season who ensure that the most vulnerable in our nation are cared for.
The funds that you contribute through Nation Builder to the Gap Fund, will be made available to a select group of vetted NPOs. These NPO’s are doing incredible work on the ground in our local communities.
If you would like to apply for an 18A Tax Certificate, please do so here.
Please view the Nation Builder website here.
- Sep 18, 2020 - R 528.75
- "Thanks for giving us a channel to support." - Laura Bergh
- Jun 12, 2020 - R 8 400.00
- "Just because it is Nation Builder....amazing work. Well done!" - Andre
- May 04, 2020 - R 1 000.00
Thanks you for all that you do!" - Numa Life Church
- Apr 30, 2020 - R 525.00
- "A little goes a long way." - Mareet
- Apr 15, 2020 - R 210.00
- "may this small amount be multiplied for God's glory..." - Staff member
- Apr 11, 2020 - R 1 050.00
- "Bless our country!" - Romay Adams
- Apr 11, 2020 - R 525.00
- "Staying at home means saving on my normal spend , so please pay this forward ." - Anonymous
- Apr 11, 2020 - R 1 050.00
- "Keep up the great work and thanks for the opportunity." - Anonymous
- Apr 08, 2020 - R 525.00
- "Dankie vir die geleentheid om te kan help " - Annei
- Apr 08, 2020 - R 210.00
- "Great initiative!" - Anony-mouse
- Apr 06, 2020 - R 21 000.00
Thank you" - Gideon (credit card)
- Apr 06, 2020 - R 10 500.00
- "For His Glory" - Annaline en Gerrit
- Apr 06, 2020 - R 10 000.00
Tyd vir mooi dink en saamstaan." - Benjamin
- Apr 02, 2020 - R 525.00
- "#InThisTogether" - Cecile Weyers
- Mar 25, 2020 - R 2 100.00
- "We are blessed" - Rob and Voi
- Mar 23, 2020 - R 105.00
- "Very best to you as you help the most vulnerable." - Robyn Wright
- Mar 22, 2020 - R 120.00
- "Unity and hope" - Shaun
- Mar 22, 2020 - R 212.00
Everyone who helps makes a difference" - Anonymous
- Mar 20, 2020 - R 5 250.00
- "Together we stand" - Anonymous
- Mar 18, 2020 - R 105.00
- "Well done on supporting the NPO's that in turn support our people." - Anonymous
- Mar 18, 2020 - R 500.00
- "Behind the amazing work you are doing on the ground, please continue to support and love on the most vulnerable in SA!" - Concerned South African
Nation Builder Trust
Nation Builder inspires and equips businesses to lead in social change.
The team collaborates across sectors to co-create resources and solutions that assist businesses in their social development work.
Nation Builder forms part of the Mergon Group and hosts regular gatherings that bring together people who are committed to using their business as a force for good.
Contact Nation Builder for more information. www.proudnationbuilder.co.za.