Swim for the sharks!
- By: Ben Enosh, Doron Amosi, Luc Chetboun, Oded Rahav
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/swim-for-the-sharks
"It is not about the distance you swim. It is a about the distance you travel to show you care."
But this time it is also about the distance!
Once again the “Cyprus Israel Swim team” will join forces with the Madswimmer of South Africa and will soon embark on a new SWIM-FOR-A-CAUSE mission.
December 2nd we plan to swim 100 km in one day in order to raise awareness for the depletion of sharks on the South African shores and worldwide. These majestic creatures have suffered the worst reputation and killing sprees for far too long and for no reason.
110 million sharks are killed every year, most sent to the food industry!!
It is time to give back, express our concern, save and protect them, for the sake of our oceans and planet.
Our swim for Madswimmer.com is in aid of children-in-need and we swim to raise funds and awareness for charities doing wonderful work in helping children.
Please back us generously, (all our own costs are covered by ourselves) and ALL OF ALL donations and sponsorships go to South African children’s charities!
- Nov 26, 2017 - R 82.26
- "Good luck Oded!" - Josh Turner
- Nov 24, 2017 - USD $ 110.46
- "May the force be with us..." - Luc
- Nov 24, 2017 - R 1 542.30
- "Good luck and have a safe swim!" - Anony the mouse
- Nov 24, 2017 - R 2 000.00
- "Wooohooo" - Ben
- Nov 24, 2017 - R 1 120.15
- "fast or slow, far we go!" - doron amosi
- Nov 23, 2017 - USD $ 14.44
- "Good luck. " - Rob Smith
- Nov 17, 2017 - R 205.64
- "." - Gerrit Burger
Madswimmer is a registered non-profit company consisting of individuals involved with daring open water swims to raise funds for children’s charities. They are established business men and women in their own right, but also do these extreme, adventurous swims. Take a look at some previous campaigns here to see how they managed to raise over $420000 over the past 7 years.