T-Lymphocyte infusion for Graham
- By: Kim Gordon
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/t-lymphocyte-infusion
_Update_Thank you all for your support so far. We have flown Stuart out using the funds raised so far and money borrowed from a friend. The T-Lymphocyte cells were harvested and Graham has received the first infusion, with no sign of GVH so far. Stuart had a bad reaction to the local anesthetic and ended up in the hospital for 2 days with high blood pressure. Graham has another 3 infusions scheduled, about a month apart. __________
In 2005, my husband Graham was diagnosed with Plasma Cell Leukemia / Multiple Myeloma. After 2 years of treatments, including a bone marrow transplant from his brother Stuart, he was on the road to recovery. He was regarded as most unlikely to develop another blood cancer.
In October 2017 a pole fell on his head triggering an odema, double vision and headaches. A CT scan revealed a bleed on the brain which required surgery. Within 2 days he was non responsive and was moved to UCTPA Hospital. He was immediately rushed into theatre with another massive brain bleed. The diagnosis was Burkitt's Leukemia, a very aggressive blood cancer.
Months of chemotherapy followed, with short breaks between the cycles, leaving him weak and needing support. The long term prognosis is not good with a 50% chance of a relapse, which could be unreliable as he is now a unique case with no real statistics to indicate probable outcomes.
He requires T-Lymphocyte infusions from his donor to strengthen the immune system from the original transplant. We need to raise funds to fly his donor between Cape Town and San Diego (approximately R30 000 a flight), as well as to pay for medical aid shortfalls on bills (currently exceeding R 100,000 with more waiting to be processed).
We would appreciate any donation, no matter how small, to help us make this happen.
- Feb 26, 2019 - USD $ 76.06
- "Xxx" - Nicky Gordon
- Jan 28, 2019 - USD $ 77.25
- "All the best for Graham." - Mel Van Zyl
- Jan 25, 2019 - R 205.64
- "All the best x" - Helen
- Jan 21, 2019 - R 1 028.20
- "Praying for the Gordon family - may all the funds required be raised and may treatment be successful" - BG
- Jan 21, 2019 - R 510.00
- "Hi Kim, I hope that you make your target ASAP. I wish I could donate more. XXX.Nat" - Natalie
- Jan 20, 2019 - USD $ 75.49
- "All our love ?? " - George and Sandra
- Jan 20, 2019 - R 1 028.20
- "Hi Kim and Graham, I hope Graham can regain his health as soon as possible. Always in my thoughts and prayers. Love Lance and Amy Lutge" - Lance and Amy Lutge
- Jan 19, 2019 - USD $ 76.06
- "Love loads Kim & Graham - Wishing best luck" - Shane & Trish
- Jan 19, 2019 - USD $ 723.01
- "Keep up the good fight" - College buddy
- Jan 19, 2019 - R 102.82
- "All the best kimmie to you hubby and family. You are an amazing person and I take my hate of to you and Graham for everything you have been through.we love you dearly and keep your head up high. Xx" - Tarah
Graham Gordon Medical Cause
My husband, Graham, requires T-Lymphocyte infusions from his donor to strengthen the immune system. We need to raise funds to fly his donor between Cape Town and San Diego, as well as to pay for medical aid shortfalls on bills (currently exceeding R 100,000 with more waiting to be processed).
Please Help Us Spread The Word: