Take a stand for T
- By: Schantelle Pawson
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/take-a-stand-for-t
Teaspoon (as she is very fondly known) was a victim of an unfortunate MVA in Harare, Zimbabwe on 29 April 2018, when she took her mother’s ashes to be interred.
Her leg had to be amputated and being in a Zimbabwean hospital US$5000 cash had to be paid upfront before treatment.
She does not have medical aid, her fiancé was retrenched due to his neck injury caused by the accident and the state will only be able to assist her with a prosthetic, which is very basic, in more than a year from now.
Teaspoon, despite being confined to a wheelchair, is baking cookies and bottling chilies to provide financially for day-to-day necessities.
She needs in excess of R108 000 for a properly fitted prosthetic leg. This would assist her greatly as it would make it much easier for her to work on her baking and cooking, as well as improve her quality of life.
Funds raised are purely for a prosthetic leg, fitting consultations and follow up consultations.
Any donation, big or small, will be greatly appreciated!
- Mar 08, 2019 - USD $ 6.88
- "I hope you raise enough money! Dianne is being very supportive and raising money for you :) " - Rebecca
- Jan 26, 2019 - USD $ 105.14
- "May the Lord bless you abundantly " - Anonymous
- Jan 25, 2019 - USD $ 3.64
- "Hope you get it T x" - Carly Hopkinson