Tammy's Own Home
- By: Tammy Gibson
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/tammy-gibson
Hi I'm Tammy. I lived on the streets in Fish Hoek for about 3 years and have recently come from living on the streets to living in a backpacker where I work part time in return for my accommodation. I have also started a small typing services business and have since living on the streets had my creative services business which helped me to survive whilst I lived on the streets.
It has been a difficult road for me whilst I was on the streets and even though I utilised my creative skills to survive, I did not make huge fortunes. I made what I could. A few months ago I managed to get myself away from living on the streets and with some luck and a good hearted person to work for I found my part time job here at Bohemian Lofts in Observatory. Together all three jobs, the part time work, my typing services and my creative services help me to live off the streets and provide groceries for myself.
The truth is I'm battling financially to provide for my rental, groceries and have not been able to save any money to reach my goal to be able to have a small cottage to rent with a separate entrance wherein I can continue to perform my typing and creative business.
I need your support with donations towards rent, grocieries and savings to be able to reach my goal to have a place to rent of my own.
I never want to go back to living on the streets. Your support will help me not to have to go back to that. I have worked very hard these past few months to get through the post traumatic stress of having been living on the streets and at the same time have done what I can to be self reliant and take care of my needs.
Please can you donate towards my campaing.
- Mar 25, 2019 - USD $ 72.45
- "Your blog is amazing." - Sarah Jordan
- Mar 11, 2019 - R 110.00
- "Best wishes for your success " - Roy and Lin
- Mar 08, 2019 - R 210.00
- "Proud of you Tammy." - Mary
- Mar 07, 2019 - R 110.00
- "I am so proud of all your hard work and determination Tammy. " - Val Devy
- Mar 07, 2019 - R 308.46
- " tammy you are inspiration to me and many that bought your jewellry in fish hoek cape town who I know. It takes capital/ stock to expand holding thumbs. mike www.homelessfriends.org.za" - Mike irwin