- By: Candice Tumber
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/team-bailey
Bailey had her send tenotomy operation on the 5th of March 2020 at Medi clinic Nelspruit. She was casted for a month. After x-rays the doctor confirmed that Bailey has Spina bifida, hip dysplasia and of course the club feet which is been treated. She got her new Dennis Brown shoes and Ottobock harness for her hip dysplasia. And all the while the medical bills are piling up. I was just told now that medical aid is only paying R150 to the orthopaedic for her shoes and harness.
_Update_Bailey did well during the op. She was discharged yesterday. She was a bit groggy, but all is well. She is such a brave girl! I see the doctors again mid-August for routine check-ups.
_Update_Bailey and I make our trip to Pretoria on Monday for her operation on Wednesday, 17/07/19. We return on Saturday, 20/07/19. Please remember us in your prayers. _________
My name is Candice Tumber, 34 and I live in Barberton. Mpumalanga. My daughter, Bailey Tumber is the beneficiary.
Bailey was born with Caudal Regression Syndrome and bilateral clubfoot and I would like to use the money for therapy and operations. Caudal regression syndrome, or sacral agenesis (or hypoplasia of the sacrum), is a congenital disorder in which there is abnormal fetal development of the lower spine—the caudal partition of the spine. It occurs at a rate of approximately one per 25,000 live births.
I would like to be able to see my daughter walk one day.
I would like to raise the funds by January 2020.
The funds would be used for travel to and from Steve Biko Hospital in Pretoria, which is done on a weekly basis for Ponseti casting on her feet.
Medical bills, walking aspirators and/or wheelchair, physiotherapy and tests.
My daughter will be able to live a normal, full life one day.
These funds would go towards paying for Bailey's medical bills and therapy she will need to walk. The money will also go toward obtaining specialized equipment, like wheelchairs and crutches, so that she can be mobile.
Please follow Bailey's progress here.
*Funds raised will be transferred directly to the relevant medical practitioner*
- May 11, 2020 - USD $ 28.00
- "We wish Bailey all the best and pray that all goes well." - The Voges Family
- Apr 24, 2020 - R 525.00
- "We wish you only the best Bailey. " - The Slater Family
- Apr 21, 2020 - R 512.00
Praying for you healing, little angel" - Anonymous
- Apr 19, 2020 - USD $ 63.55
- "Bailey we know that you are getting the best care love you " - Gladys Zill & Family
- Apr 17, 2020 - R 315.00
- "Aunty & Caleb love u princess" - Felicia Green
- Apr 17, 2020 - USD $ 62.46
- "Love you so much my little ray of sunshine..." - Aunty Mel
- Apr 17, 2020 - R 105.00
- "For my baby frm her aunty" - Anche
- Apr 15, 2020 - USD $ 32.89
- "Just a little. Hope it helps" - Lee
- Jun 28, 2019 - R 1 028.20
- "Wish you all the best my friend and Bailey a speedy recovery ??" - raquel pekoba