Team Samuels Figure Skaters
- By: Suzette Samuels
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/team-samuels
Matthew and Abigail Samuels are Figure Skaters that live in Cape Town, South Africa.
These siblings, born in Atlantis, South Africa, have been perusing their passion for figure skating from an age at which most other kids were probably still learning to tie their shoe laces. Their passion and dedication have paid off and both Matthew and Abigail have qualified to represent South Africa at International competitions for the 2019/2020 sporting cycle.
Matthew is the current Senior men champion and holds senior and junior national titles. He is also the first South African male skater to have qualified to skate in the Junior World Championship under the new scoring system. His goal is to represent South Africa at the 4 Continent Championship, Senior Worlds and the Olympics in 2022. Matthew recently qualified his long program at the Lombardia trophy in Italy putting him so much closer to his dream he now just needs an opportunity to qualify his short program.
Abigail Samuels is a contender in her own rights and has held her own in the sport while climbing the ranks of skating with quiet determination. She is also the 2019 Junior Ladies Silver Medalist, 2019 KZN Gold medalist and 2019 Cape Inter-Proncial Silver medalist. Abigail has the same dreams as her brother to represent South Africa at the highest fields this sport has.
To qualify for these competitions both skaters must compete internationally making this a very expensive venture. They will both be attending the Andorra Trophy in Canillo from 20 - 25 November 2019.
Covering reoccurring monthly costs related to training, equipment, ice time, and traveling both nationally and internationally, is, therefore, a continuous struggle for them.
The Budget is for this trip is R30 000 to cover their travelling, accommodation and registration fees.
These two ambitious individuals are willing to put in the necessary effort and time necessary to reach their dreams. All they need is a helping hand to cover the cost required to get them there. Please support these siblings and assist them in reaching their goals to represent South Africa.
To follow their progress follow them on @TeamSamuelsFigureSkaters on facebook.and on Instagram abbysamuels1 and matthew.samuels2018
- Nov 18, 2019 - R 200.00
- "Be blessed and go and make us and yourselves proud" - You know who
- Nov 16, 2019 - R 514.10
- "All the best Team Samuels " - Layla And The Salie Family
- Nov 12, 2019 - R 514.10
- "Goodluck! Proud to have you representing our country " - Janetta
- Oct 29, 2019 - R 411.28
- "All the best" - RG
- Oct 28, 2019 - R 1 010.00
Always in your corner. All the best guys." - ME
- Oct 27, 2019 - USD $ 152.54
- "Do your thing. Lots of love Angel" - Angelica
- Oct 24, 2019 - R 102.82
- "Good Luck In Spain Team Samuels. I challenge the rest of my colleagues In OB to equal or better my contribution." - Lita Whitlow
- Sep 13, 2019 - R 200.00
- "Good luck Team Samuels all the best!" - Kugan
- Jul 26, 2019 - R 411.28
- "All of the best Matthew and Abby! " - L & E
- Jul 11, 2019 - R 205.64
- "good lunch <3" - shinju
- Jun 25, 2019 - R 205.64
- "All the best Abby and Matthew" - Anonymous
- Jun 24, 2019 - R 514.10
- "All the best." - Natalie
- Jun 23, 2019 - R 51.41
- "Good luck to both of you" - Gabby
- Jun 17, 2019 - USD $ 3.56
- "Good luck to other of you. Your hard work is paying off. " - Cindy
- Jun 04, 2019 - R 1 010.00
- "All the best guys. Always in your corner." - Maggott Family
- Jun 03, 2019 - R 1 028.20
- "Matthew and Abby God allow us to make your dreams come true in competing in these prestigious figure skating competition. You guyz are truly the best and our kids which you train aspire to be like yo." - Nina
- Jun 03, 2019 - R 514.10
- "Mathew and Abby my colleague Ben donated R500 for you guyz.. He says you are an inspiration to our kids.. Keep on inspiring the our little ones in this country.. " - Nina
- Jun 03, 2019 - R 1 000.00
- "Your dedication and hardwork will be rewarded" - Scribbles of a Mad Man
- May 31, 2019 - R 51.41
- "Good luck Abby and Matthew" - Eloise