#TEAMGUIDEDOGS at MIDMAR 2018
- By: Ashley Welch
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/teamguidedogs-at-midmar-20182017
My name is Ashley Welch, team member of #TEAMGUIDEDOGS during the MIDMAR 2018 endurance race.
The Midmar 'Mile', as it is affectionately named, is one of the most popular endurance swimming races in Southern Africa, and many charities send their respective "champions" to the event in order to raise money.
As an avid puppy raiser for The South African Guide Dogs Association, I have been blessed to witness the inspiring work carried out by lovable dogs, assisting the differently abled. Unfortunately, the association is reliant on the goodwill and donations from others in order to remain operational, and are therefore left exposed to the threat of financial strain.
Help me to raise funds for SAGDA by backing me during the MIDMAR 2018 race. Although my aim is R5000, I hope to make even more before the race, allowing me to handover a sizable charity that will allow the association to raise more dogs for the differently abled.
Thank you in advance for all your assistance and care.
- Feb 09, 2018 - R 257.05
- "Routing for you Ashley! Such a great cause!" - Nicole Crampton
- Feb 01, 2018 - R 514.10
- "Swim Ash! Swim!" - Nads
- Jan 29, 2018 - R 340.00
- "All the best with your project." - Barbara & Clifford
- Jan 29, 2018 - R 340.00
- "Good luck with swim." - Linda and George
- Jan 29, 2018 - R 433.74
- "Hope you achieve your target" - John R
- Jan 17, 2018 - R 205.64
- "Good luck Ashley !! Thanks for doing this for the doggies - you are a super star !!" - Amanda
- Jan 16, 2018 - R 123.38
- "good luck" - Robin
- Jan 15, 2018 - R 255.11
- "Go Ashley go !!!" - Susan & Stuart
- Jan 03, 2018 - USD $ 16.85
- "Enjoy!" - Foz
- Jan 03, 2018 - R 205.64
- "Good luck" - Jeff
- Dec 21, 2017 - R 102.82
- "Good Luck!" - Natalie
- Dec 20, 2017 - R 102.82
- "Go you!" - Anonymous
- Dec 20, 2017 - R 205.64
- "A small amount but for a cause close to my heart." - Celia W
- Dec 20, 2017 - USD $ 5.26
- "Go for it!" - Ingold
SA Guide Dogs Association for the Blind
Since 1953, South African Guide-Dogs Association for the Blind (GDA) has strived to expand its offerings to the differently-abled community of Southern Africa, extending beyond Guide Dogs to include Service Dogs for people who are physically impaired, Autism Support Dogs for children with autism, and the College of Orientation & Mobility, whose Orientation & Mobility (O&M) practitioners teach people who are visually impaired to continue their lives in a safe and efficient manner and how to use a long cane as a mobility aid.