Angel Support for Daddy
- By: Cindy Meissenheimer
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/terrence-meissenheimer
Sadly my Dad passed away on 15 April 2019, and while this has left us as a family with an irreparable hole in our hearts, it has unfortunately also left my Mom with medical costs that need to be paid; my Dad didn’t have any policies in place e.g. life cover etc., which means these medical bills will still need to be paid for by my Mom, so I just want to say thank you to those of you who have already generously donated to this cause, and would like to appeal to all those who knew my Dad, and were touched by his heart of gold, to consider donating (any amount no matter how small), to assist my Mom in what is already a very difficult time.
I am a daughter who wants to help her Mom and Dad in a difficult time.
My Dad has always been a getup-and-go kind of guy, who is always willing to help someone out, but now he needs help.
A few years ago he was diagnosed with Stage 4 CKD, and there are multiple complications that come with this. Unfortunately, medical aid only covers certain elements, and as a result, the medical costs have been racking up.
He can't physically work at the moment and spent most of 2018 in the hospital, and my Mom has to be available to assist in getting him to dialysis, and hospital, and when home she needs to provide home-care, so this has placed a lot of strain on her and on her job.
I just want to be able to give them some respite, and I'm hoping all of you out there will be kind enough to assist me with this.
Currently, my Dad has outstanding medical costs that he isn’t able to meet, and these would be my first port of call to settle, and as a result of him not being able to work, my Mom is having to try to juggle all the costs. My Dad just underwent another surgery on 12 March, and prior to the surgery, they had to do a CT scan, which is another R15k that the medical aid won’t cover.
Your support will make a world of difference.
*Funds will be transferred directly to the relevant medical practitioner*
- Apr 15, 2019 - R 110.00
- "What a strong and goodhearted man. I don't have much, but I hope it helps Terrence. Thinking of you and the family and may you feel beter very soon." - Tessa Goosen
- Apr 12, 2019 - R 514.10
- "We continue to pray for Terence a real gentleman. " - Don Adams
- Apr 12, 2019 - R 210.00
- "I dont know you but wish you, your dad and your family well and pray that you reach your goal. " - Judith Pieterse
- Apr 12, 2019 - R 205.64
- "Thinking of you in this difficult time xx" - Melissa
- Mar 15, 2019 - R 514.10
- "May this little help for a great Dad and Husband " - Anonymous
- Mar 15, 2019 - R 203.00
- "Mom and Dad, I hope this campaign helps to make things a little easier for you! Love you both lots and lots xxxx" - Cindy