- By: Thabang Shongwe
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/thabang-shongwe
My name is Thabang Nkosisngiphile Shongwe, I am 29 years old and I stay at Jeppe's town in Johannesburg CBD. I'm requesting funds for my business named Authentik Food n Lifestyle.
I have managed to start a food business of my own at Jeppe's town nearby the train station and taxi pick-up station which was working very well because of the business location and the demand for the kind of food in the area. I am selling fried chips with chicken and other variety as you can see on the attached picture where I'm holding a sample of the fries I sell, however now I am facing a very huge obstacle which is really killing me and my business - the shop owners (which I was paying) who were providing me with electricity have decided to cut me out and stop providing electricity because their landlord is threatening to increase their rent because of my electricity usage hence they decided to cut me out because they cannot afford the increased rent and now I have nowhere to work because other areas either they have the same food business or the area has no need for the type of business.
This will help me create jobs for people and grant them opportunities to grow within the business as the business grows, when I work I will also be able to support my son with things he needs and his school fees. When the business is running well I need assistance of one person for now as an employee until the business grows strong and we manage to buy our own mobile food caravan then I can add two more employees then we can also go work at festivals and other events whilst also hosting our own events from time to time.
The total amount of money I need is 7330zar which is broken down as follows:
980 – Online business registration (CIPC)
2800 - Deep fryer Gas Stove
550 - 9KG Empty Gas cylinder
200 - Fill-up gas
1000 - Business stock e.g. Potatoes, oil, sauces, takeaway containers etc.
1800 – Employee’s first month salary
Funds raised will be paid into my bank account
- Jan 18, 2020 - USD $ 207.52
- " Hello Thabang, we wish you all the best for your ongoing enterprise - Linda & Noel" - Linda & Noel Corkery
- Jan 17, 2020 - R 205.64
- "Best of luck for your business! " - Claire and Simon
- Jan 16, 2020 - USD $ 20.08
- "Good luck, Thabang! " - Anne
- Jan 16, 2020 - USD $ 69.54
- "All the best mate and good luck" - Anon
- Jan 16, 2020 - R 205.64
- "Good luck out there!" - Anon
- Jan 16, 2020 - USD $ 100.00
- "Wishing you tremendous success! " - Dalumuzi
- Jan 16, 2020 - USD $ 55.63
- "Wishing you the best of luck Thabang! " - Allison
- Jan 16, 2020 - USD $ 27.82
- "Kudos to you on this plan, and good luck!" - Jina
- Jan 16, 2020 - USD $ 24.34
- "Good luck Thabang! May it be a runaway success!" - Nicole
- Jan 16, 2020 - R 102.82
- "Good luck!" - Julia Giddy
- Jan 16, 2020 - USD $ 34.77
- "Good luck, Thabang! " - ryan
Thabang Shongwe Equipment Cause
My name is Thabang Nkosisngiphile Shongwe, I am 29 years old and I stay at Jeppe's town in Johannesburg CBD. I'm requesting funds for my business named Authentik Food n Lifestyle. This will help me create jobs for people and grant them opportunities to grow within the business. Funds raised will go towards purchasing daily running equipment.