Thapelo rides the 94.7 cycle challenge for Hotel Hope
- By: Thapelo Quambusch
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/thapelo-rides-the-947-cycle-challenge-for
We are excited to announce that we have 3 cyclists riding in the 94.7 cycle challenge in Johannesburg, South Africa to raise funds for Hotel Hope on the 20th November 2016. At 15 years old Thapelo is one of the youngest cyclists and looking to raise money for a cause close to his heart - orphaned and abandoned children all under the age of 6 years old. Please support him and Hotel Hope - Love and Gratitude from us all!
- Nov 22, 2016 - R 300.00
- "Well done Thapelo! You ROCK!!" - The Napiers
- Nov 20, 2016 - R 200.00
- "Well done Thapelo.....A wonderful exciting thing to do! " - Norma Corry
- Nov 19, 2016 - R 500.00
- "So proud of you Thapelo - praying for safety and a wonderful time ! You are my son whom I love with whom I am well pleased !" - Dad
- Nov 17, 2016 - USD $ 50.00
- "May the road rise up to meet you, may the wind always be at your back." - Anonymous
- Nov 17, 2016 - R 3 000.00
- "We are so proud of you Thapelo. Your extended family from Singapore " - Dorit Grueber
Hotel Hope Ministries
We are a fully registered South African charity, making the country better in 3 key areas since 2008:
Children in Need
3 Children's homes in Melville and Westdene as well as a Montessori Pre-school stream exclusively for our children. Currently 22 kids under the age of 9, and 110 kids since inception in 2011. 88 of our children have been adopted locally or internationally or have been re-united with birth family or extended family. 5 of our kids now live in Holland, 1 in Austria, 3 in Finland, 2 in Norway etc. etc. (Stand Apr 2020)
Mothers in Crisis Pregnancy Situations:
We work through 5 high schools in Alexandra and help pregnant learners make wise decisions around pregnancy, child birth and child care. Involved in several thousand teenage crisis pregnancies since 2008
3 Charity Shops in Melville providing training opportunities for disadvantaged people groups and an income for the charity as well as an amazing carpentry workshop where we upcycle broken industrial pallets into storage boxes and children's furniture.
We generate 30% of our annual budget through our own social trading activities.
Please also visit our website www.hotelhopeministries.org and follow us on Facebook @HotelHope. We also have a good youtube clip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z76a0pIgYmQ , giving you an impression of our work both in Melville as well as in Alexandra.