The Forgotten Orphanage
- By: Samantha Parrish
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/the-forgotten-orphanage
Another charity group, Tableview Angels, recently came across a very sad situation of a forgotten and somewhat unknown orphanage in Tableview. Mommy V, the kind-hearted woman who runs the home, reached out for help. She's currently looking after 8 kids, who all come from very desperate situations.
When we paid a visit to the orphanage, we found a very desperate state. With no assistance from social workers or others, Mommy V has taken in 8 children between the age of 4 months and 18. One little boy, just 4-years-old, has bee raped numerous times and a 3-year-old girl had been set alight by community members. These things are not a rarity to Mommy V.
Mommy V has worked professionally all her life, raising 4 children of her own who are now adults and working or studying. God laid a vision on her to go into townships and find a way unknown to her yet to help. She started helping in a crèche in Dunoon and walking the streets there she found several children not in school and just roaming around. Then she started giving out soup and digging deeper into what was happening there.
Mommy V went into areas where not even ambulances or police would venture, having her own life threatened several times. She rescued all the children in her care from severe circumstances, registered her NPO and is now trying her best to care for the kids.
The kids have very little food, toys, stationary, clothing or toiletries as Mommy V is trying her best to make it work with what she can. She really needs help! In order to help get these kids the care they need - and to restore some trust and love in their little lives - we need to step up and assist.
Money will go towards the below:
- School fees, R450 per kid
- Kids clothing
- Toiletries, food supplies and nappies (as many wet their beds due to trauma)
- Toys, books, stationary
- Electricity and water
- Baby formula
For more information, you can get in touch with Ankarien on 0714075445 or Email: Ankarien@tableviewangels.co.za.
- Oct 19, 2018 - R 110.00
- "With my deepest prayers for these children and immense admiration for the woman leading this place" - Reviva
- Oct 02, 2018 - USD $ 33.27
- "Thanks for the amazing work you do! " - Stacey
- Oct 01, 2018 - R 1 000.00
- "May you be blessed with stregth to continue your selfless work" - ROSEBANK SUNDAY MARKET
- Sep 27, 2018 - USD $ 14.79
- "Mommy V you are a precious angel on earth. " - Judy
- Sep 27, 2018 - R 370.15
- "With good wishes " - Anonymous
- Sep 26, 2018 - R 51.41
- "x" - Anonymous
- Sep 25, 2018 - R 1 028.20
- "Good luck " - Anonymous
- Sep 25, 2018 - R 50.00
- "Hope this helps " - Anonymous
- Sep 25, 2018 - R 102.82
- "All the best to you!!!" - Jacqui Lipschitz
- Sep 24, 2018 - USD $ 25.63
- "Thank you Mommy V for caring for these little ones." - Barbara & Dan
- Sep 24, 2018 - R 500.00
- "Thank you!!" - Simone
- Sep 24, 2018 - R 514.10
- "You are an angel on this earth! " - Belynda
- Sep 24, 2018 - R 2 056.40
- "Such a worthy cause!" - Tali stein
- Sep 24, 2018 - USD $ 12.45
- "Take care" - Kim
- Sep 24, 2018 - USD $ 69.61
- "Love, light and healing wishes " - Annon
- Sep 24, 2018 - USD $ 36.62
- "God bless you all. Sending love and light x" - Tarryn Fouche
- Sep 23, 2018 - USD $ 73.48
- "Thank you Mommy V for everything you are doing. May God bless you and look after you and your beautiful children x" - Nicole
The Angel Network
The Angel Network is a voluntary organization, run solely via the power of social media. We are a registered NPO (181-947NPO). Our goal is to create a gateway for giving. A platform from which helping the helpless will become easily accessible to anyone wanting to do a little more, and give a little more. The Angel Network enables, facilitates and mobilises acts of kindness.