The Great Shark Swim - 100km in 1 day
- By: Emil Berning
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/the-great-shark-swim-emils-100km-in-1
From Robben Island to conquering the English Channel to Swimming with Sharks - Donate and be part of this challenge!
We are both raising awareness of the declining numbers in the shark population and contributing towards children who are less fortunate than our own through the Madswimmer non-profit organisation.
By swimming among sharks, unprotected, we want to demonstrate sharks are amazing creatures and not the killers they have been made out to be.
- Dec 02, 2017 - R 250.00
- "Great initiative ..... hope you have fair weather !" - Craig Luckman
- Nov 21, 2017 - USD $ 37.04
- "Go Emil, Go! Who knew “kick and blow bubbles” would lead to out-swimming sharks. " - Simmo ‘84
- Nov 20, 2017 - R 1 000.00
- "You’re a hero! Thank you for supporting such a worthy cause!" - Lisa
- Nov 17, 2017 - R 100.00
- "Emil, you are an inspiration. Go, cuz, go!" - Hayley du Plessis
- Nov 17, 2017 - R 500.00
- "Stay ahead of the sharks!" - Ockert
- Nov 17, 2017 - R 200.00
- "Just do it!" - Emil
Madswimmer is a registered non-profit company consisting of individuals involved with daring open water swims to raise funds for children’s charities. They are established businessmen and women in their own right, but also do these extreme, adventurous swims. Take a look at some previous campaigns here to see how they managed to raise over $420000 over the past 13 years.