The Great Shark Swim (Shark Awareness, SA - 100 kms, 12hrs, 1 Day)
- By: Andrew Ford
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/the-great-shark-swim-port-shepston-sa-1
Once again, in attampt to continue to challenge ourselves I will be participating in another Madswimmer Charity Madswimmer event in aid of shark conservation and Madswimmer children’s charities.
The Great Shark Swim in the Agulhas Current. Madswimmer is set for a Guiness World Record Attempt for the fastest 100 km swim, in under 12 hours, Through what is currently known to be the most populated stretch of Big Sharks along our South African South Coast (Great White, Zambexi, Hammerhead, Tiger Sharks).
Backed by World renowned Global Oceanographers, Shark Research Scientists, SA Sharks boards and many more safety professionals, we will share the ocean with the ocean life for a day.
Port Shepstone KZN to Mbotyi Wild Coast Eastern Cape. 100km, 1 day, 12hrs.
1/2/3 Dec – weather dependent
- Nov 29, 2017 - R 102.82
- "Be water my friend" - Kris
- Nov 29, 2017 - R 257.05
- "Good luck you nut cases" - Theo von
- Nov 29, 2017 - R 100.00
- "Heard sharks love cupcakes " - Crystal
- Nov 28, 2017 - R 1 028.20
- "All the best Andrew the Mad Swimmer" - Alex C
- Nov 27, 2017 - R 250.00
- "Enjoy!" - Jaki Fagan
- Nov 21, 2017 - R 205.64
- "Have a good swim!" - Warren Aken
- Nov 17, 2017 - R 102.82
- "Good luck!!" - Allan Engelbrecht
- Nov 16, 2017 - R 1 500.00
- "Nik Walsh and White Shark Diving Company Research and Volunteer Institute" - White Shark Diving Company
- Nov 15, 2017 - USD $ 73.30
- "Madswimmer. Swimming for a new purpose!!!!!" - Andrew Ford
Madswimmer is a registered non-profit company consisting of individuals involved with daring open water swims to raise funds for children’s charities. They are established business men and women in their own right, but also do these extreme, adventurous swims. Take a look at some previous campaigns here to see how they managed to raise over $420000 over the past 7 years.