The Great Shark Swim
- By: Ryan Stramrood
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/the-great-shark-swim2017
This is a massive undertaking! To swim 100kms in one day, whether we ride the Algulhas current or not, is a challenge that will push us all to the very brink over a 12 hour period.
But it pales in comparison to the atrosities our ocean's shark face every day, hour and minute. They are being slaughtered at a rate impossible to conceive. Humans can really be disgusting sometimes.
I am joining the Madswimmers, putting my experience, body and mind on the line to do as much as I can to create awareness around the conservation of these creatures - to dispell the common perception and fear that these are only man eating monsters - by swimming with them for up to 12 hours straight.
Please be a GOOD HUMAN and donate - even a tiny bit - it all adds up :)
Thank you xx
- Nov 30, 2017 - R 200.00
- "Do it for the Tjaaarks!" - JP
- Nov 28, 2017 - R 100.00
- "All the Best Ryan - YOLO" - Mervyn
- Nov 20, 2017 - R 250.00
- "klap it" - MLP
- Nov 16, 2017 - R 200.00
- "Well done and keep going" - Dr Claudine Lee
- Nov 16, 2017 - R 1 000.00
- "Against the current is scientifically easier." - Jafumbe
- Nov 16, 2017 - USD $ 20.83
- "Best wishes from the states." - JBirrrd
- Nov 16, 2017 - USD $ 137.81
- "Go for it lads we all are right behind you from all the crew at Infinity" - Infinity Channel Swimming
- Nov 15, 2017 - R 500.00
- "XXX" - Lou
- Nov 15, 2017 - R 1 000.00
- "A good cause, go well" - James & Erica
- Nov 15, 2017 - R 300.00
- "Thank you for the swim Ryan. I honour and admire your willingness to do this massive swim in the interests of preserving the planet, its ecology and species. " - Neil Roos
Madswimmer is a registered non-profit company consisting of individuals involved with daring open water swims to raise funds for children’s charities. They are established businessmen and women in their own right, but also do these extreme, adventurous swims. Take a look at some previous campaigns here to see how they managed to raise over $420000 over the past 13 years.