THE GRIZZLY T.A.C CHALLENGE for CHOC
- By: Darren Tobias, Matthew Cigler, Ryan Ellison, Jared Snoyman
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/the-grizzly-challenge-for-choc
Some members of the TAC Initiative have decided to grow a beard for 9 weeks.
Upon discussion we thought that the TAC Initiative could create an incentive for this “Grizzly Challenge”
We came up with the idea to raise funds for CHOC by sponsoring the guys and motivating them through the next 9 weeks.
The challenge has been running for 1 week now, we will upload photo’s each Sunday to make sure contestants are remaining grizzley!
Donations can be any amount , from R5 up to R100. All contributions are much appreciated.
If others are willing to participate in growing a beard please let us know J the more the merrier (firstname.lastname@example.org)
We will upload weekly photos to monitor growth.
Let the donations begin and lets make a difference!!
Hope to hear from you soon.
- Aug 06, 2012 - R 200.00
- "amazing stuff guys, true inspiration!" - Farril Rosen
- Aug 03, 2012 - R 100.00
- "Awesome guys!" - Robyn Fridberg
- Aug 03, 2012 - R 500.00
- "Well done guys! So proud of you! Counting down till you all shave though ;)" - Claire Ellison
- Aug 03, 2012 - R 300.00
- "Great Work by the Griiiiizly Challenge " - Viby Vibestein
- Aug 03, 2012 - R 200.00
- "You guys are amazing x " - Angie
- Jul 27, 2012 - R 100.00
- "You guys are an inspiration! Keep up the good work !" - Jodee
- Jul 25, 2012 - R 200.00
- "Go Boys!!" - Tammp
- Jul 20, 2012 - R 500.00
- "this is for that ugly thing matt is growing on his face. time to shave bud you look like a bear" - mashan
- Jul 13, 2012 - R 200.00
- "Well Done Gents , Keep It Up." - Anonymous
- Jul 13, 2012 - R 360.00
- "Go boys!" - Jono
- Jul 11, 2012 - R 360.00
- "Looking ruggedly handsome for a great cause. Well done Boys! Proud of you. " - Danny Halfon Mofsowitz
- Jul 10, 2012 - R 20.00
- "Sexy Boys ;)" - Carla
- Jul 10, 2012 - R 100.00
- "Great work Guys !!!!" - Elan Tanur
- Jul 10, 2012 - R 100.00
- "I think the work you do is amazing" - Anonymous
- Jul 10, 2012 - R 150.00
- "---" - anonymous
- Jul 10, 2012 - R 500.00
- "This is a Donation made to the Grizzly Bear fund by Daniel Portal from tickets that were sold for the Equinox Experience in Cape Town-Keep it up guys!!!! Peace and Love!!!" - Dan Portal (Dj Portal) Tickets Proceeds
- Jul 09, 2012 - R 400.00
- "hoooraaaaa" - Adam Reichman
- Jul 04, 2012 - R 100.00
- "Well done guys!!!" - Annon
- Jun 29, 2012 - R 500.00
- "Go Guys! you are inspirational!" - Anonymous
- Jun 28, 2012 - R 50.00
- "Grizzley!!! Great what u guys are doing!" - Arthur Mcree
- Jun 14, 2012 - R 200.00
- "Well done boys, very inspiring!" - Anonymous
- Jun 14, 2012 - R 250.00
- "Good luck guys!" - anonymous
- Jun 13, 2012 - R 100.00
- "Well Done!" - Unknown
- Jun 12, 2012 - R 50.00
- "Too awesome :) " - Anonomys
- Jun 12, 2012 - R 100.00
- "Nice & random, but for a good cause" - Gabby Noche
- Jun 12, 2012 - R 400.00
- "You guys are doing an amazing job!!!!!" - Anonomys
CHOC Childhood Cancer Foundation
CHOC Childhood Cancer Foundation SA is the only organisation in South Africa that provides comprehensive countrywide support for children with cancer and other life-threatening blood disorders, and their families. CHOC has a head office in Johannesburg, six regional offices, two branches, and 12 accommodation facilities close to treatment centres. CHOC relies heavily on corporate sponsors, donations from groups or individuals wanting to make a difference in the lives of these little ones.
Their comprehensive support improves the welfare and quality of care of children with cancer and offers families a wide range of psychosocial services and practical support such as counselling, free accommodation, free transport and transport fund to ensure that no child abandons treatment due to the family not affording transport costs, food parcels as they recognise the financial difficulties families often face and parent to parent support groups. CHOC also plays a leading advocacy role and promotes early detection to save lives nationally.