The South African #gig4students
- By: James Durrant
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/the-south-african
TheSouthAfrican.com is one of the largest digital news publishers in South Africa. We are aware that many journalism students will be facing countless financial and life challenges due to the coronavirus pandemic and lockdown: Universities and colleges are closed, part-time work opportunities are rare, while tuition fees and loans -- along with daily living expenses -- add further pressure.
We are offering students a chance to earn some much needed #gigforstudents income while building a portfolio, earning practical experience with one of the largest news publishers in South Africa, as well as get exposure for their work and launch their career.
Many of our freelance journalists go on to write for us on an ongoing basis or join the team permanently.
1. Provide income for students;
2. Writing experience;
3. Career opportunities;
4. Portfolio of published work; and
5. Protecting independent journalism
All the funds raised will be used to pay students to write for TheSouthAfrican.com.
- Jun 29, 2020 - R 30.00
- "Keep up the good work of accurately informing us." - Samuel
- Jun 16, 2020 - R 105.00
- "Great initiative. Journalists supported by the public will serve the public. I don't trust journalists that are in the pockets of government and corporate business." - Ellapen
- Jun 13, 2020 - R 210.00
- "Baie dankie!" - Voortrekker
- Jun 13, 2020 - USD $ 3.09
- "Keep up the good work " - Salatiso
- Jun 08, 2020 - R 500.00
Very good initiative" - Anonymous
- May 26, 2020 - USD $ 5.97
- "Keep writing investigative articles" - Eugene
- May 23, 2020 - USD $ 11.95
- "Great initiative and feels awesome to contribute to help the future generation" - Saffaman
- May 22, 2020 - R 210.00
- "The media is very important and underpaid" - Media supporter
- Apr 23, 2020 - USD $ 112.17
- "Great initiative, good luck!" - Rod
- Apr 23, 2020 - USD $ 106.32
- "Great effort, let's support independent journalism and those in education." - Peter Jacobs
- Apr 22, 2020 - R 1 050.00
- "Great initiative! " - Anonymous
- Apr 22, 2020 - R 210.00
- "" - Cheryl Kahla
The South African Support Cause
TheSouthAfrican.com is one of the largest digital news publishers in South Africa. We are aware that many students face countless financial and life challenges due to the coronavirus pandemic. We are offering students an opportunity to earn some extra income while building their writing portfolio. All the funds raised will be used to pay students to write for TheSouthAfrican.com on our #gig4students platform. We aim to extend this initiative into the future.