The Story of Bryan Diamond
- By: Danika Schultz
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/the-story-of-bryan-diamond
A gang bullet ripped through Bryan's head removing most of his brain and paralyzing him when he was only three years old. His mother Ronell, also hit in the incident, has been taking care of him for the past 14 years. Bryan spends most of his time in bed, Ronell feeds him every 2 hours using a feeding tube.
The Kolisi Foundation has made amazing alterations to their home, which is now accessible and ready for Bryan to be more included in family activities. To do this, Bryan needs a customised wheelchair, therapy services and 24-hour positioning devices that will support his body and allow the family to move around more freely.
The Kolisi Foundation have committed R39, 312.86 towards a customised buggy and seating, Bryan needs a further R51, 363.52 towards a side-lyer and car positioner, and therapy services.
The funds will provide Bryan with the appropriate devices and services he urgently needs and means that his mother, who has been taking care of him 24 hours a day will be able to move around her community more easily. This initial support will include linking Bryan back to government health and social services so that the family has long term, ongoing support.
Uhambo Foundation often meet families in similar situations who have fallen through the cracks due to barriers in accessing disability services and believe that with your help, we can assist Bryan and his mother, and get them linked back to ongoing government services,
- R39,312.86 individually customized Buggy wheelchair
- R18,727.62 two 24 hour posture support devices (lying & vehicle positioner)
- R29,843,08 Seating and therapy services (for two years and will link him to ongoing govt services)
- R2,792.82 fundraising platform admin fee
The Kolisi Foundation Projects Page: https://kolisifoundation.org/our-projects/
Shonaquip Social Enterprise Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/Shonaquip
- Nov 11, 2020 - R 1 057.50
- "Brother Bryan, praying for you and your wonderful family. Much love to you all." - Anonymous
- Nov 05, 2020 - R 105.75
- "I'm constantly blown away by the amazing work you do! Thank you for caring. " - Amelia Meyer
- Oct 28, 2020 - R 211.50
This is the most beautiful thing. Thank you for the Kolisi fund." - Louise
- Oct 26, 2020 - R 1 057.50
- "All strength to Bryan for courage and resilience -- and also to the Kolisis for their wonderful work" - Edwin
- Oct 26, 2020 - R 500.00
- "I hope this will be of help" - Jill Davies
- Oct 22, 2020 - USD $ 91.46
- "Sending love from Texas. " - Cheryl McIlraith
- Oct 19, 2020 - USD $ 181.69
- "Thank you for giving us this opportunity to help. Wishing all the best to your family. " - Steven
- Oct 19, 2020 - R 9 000.00
- "ZAZU Collection Pays it forward! G-d Bless Bryan and his family!" - Greenberg Family
- Oct 19, 2020 - R 317.25
- "I believe that it’s always better to give than to receive. “Great opportunities to help others seldom come, but small ones surround us every day.” – Sally Koch " - Eshcha Adams