- By: Gavin Venter
- Short URL: https://www.backabuddy.co.za/thecows-gavinventer2010
Thank you for visiting my fundraising page.
As most of you know, the fight against cancer is a cause close to my heart. This year I decided to join the 'herd' to help raise funds for CHOC (Childhood Cancer Foundation). The 'herd' of us will be cycling the 94.7 cycle challenge. I'll be considered a 'calf' and will be cycling alongside my other cow buddies who will either be dressed in cow suits or CHOC cycling attire.
The 2010 Stampede aims to raise more than R4 million for CHOC . The challenge for the 2010 Stampede is to upgrade the pediatric oncology wards at Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital. The pediatric oncology wards at Chris Hani Baragwanath Hospital provide hundreds of children from across South Africa with treatment for cancer. While some patients receive daily treatment through their outpatient ward, many remain in the wards for the duration of their treatment. The wards are in desperate need of upgrade to provide the level of care these children deserve.
Please support me in this awesome challenge by donating a cut of your A-grade beef (i.e. Moolah)
- Nov 23, 2010 - R 1 000.00
- "All for a worthy cause" - Wayne
- Nov 21, 2010 - R 500.00
- "Good luck lol vs" - Virginia
- Nov 15, 2010 - R 200.00
- "Unknown" - Unknown
- Nov 10, 2010 - R 1 000.00
- "you're still a bad person venter" - ross can't stop laughing
- Nov 10, 2010 - R 500.00
- "Ride Fat Boy Ride" - Gavin Venter
- Nov 10, 2010 - R 800.00
- "Gail I'm behind you all the way, babe. Justin, well done dad -don't fall over! love you, Nina: Good luck Dad I love you. Jen: Finish or else!" - Gail Nina Justin Jen
- Nov 08, 2010 - R 400.00
- "This one we will definitely need to celebrate!! Keep the kit for Halloween next year! " - The crazies!!
- Nov 08, 2010 - R 300.00
- "All the best, have a good race" - Haydn van Niekerk
- Nov 04, 2010 - R 200.00
- "Let me know how that outfit works out for you dude ;-) Thats gotta be hot to ride in" - Craig McDavid
- Nov 01, 2010 - R 200.00
- "I look forward to the beers after the race...!" - Brett Frederiksen
- Oct 28, 2010 - R 1 000.00
- "Here's my 60p" - Meat
CHOC Childhood Cancer Foundation
CHOC Childhood Cancer Foundation SA is the only organisation in South Africa that provides comprehensive countrywide support for children with cancer and other life-threatening blood disorders, and their families. CHOC has a head office in Johannesburg, six regional offices, two branches, and 12 accommodation facilities close to treatment centres. CHOC relies heavily on corporate sponsors, donations from groups or individuals wanting to make a difference in the lives of these little ones.
Their comprehensive support improves the welfare and quality of care of children with cancer and offers families a wide range of psychosocial services and practical support such as counselling, free accommodation, free transport and transport fund to ensure that no child abandons treatment due to the family not affording transport costs, food parcels as they recognise the financial difficulties families often face and parent to parent support groups. CHOC also plays a leading advocacy role and promotes early detection to save lives nationally.